Holy Weekend Plans Batman! I got a lot going over the next few days, so in an effort to save time, this is going to be a quick post and in list form because lists are my favorite; they make me all giddy.
- Kitty, Kitty, Kitty: hang with all my furry friends and try to get Oscar acclimated with the whole family. Currently, my other two cats are “tolerating” him, and I’d like to take a small step to move past that.
- Wine Tasting: I have a wine tasting tonight with all the girls. It should be fun, and I get to bring Bruschetta, so I’ll be using my CSA produce for sure (Yeah Baby).
- Mommy Dearest: my momma is coming to town for part of the weekend so we’ll be doing something fun, which leads me to my next two list items.
- Farm Tour: my CSA offers monthly farm tours so we can see our produce in action. This is my second year participating in a CSA, and sadly I still haven’t been to the farms, which I think would just be the coolest thing. Provided the weather holds up (the forecast is rainy and in the low sixties 🙁 ), I’d like to rectify that this weekend.
- Second Annual Garlic Festival: I love garlic and I love Cleveland for hosting what is sure to be an odiferous event.
- Blogger City Baby: I have some posts I want to work on, and I owe you two weeks worth of CSA goodies since we picked up our most recent share last night.
- Funky Town, a.k.a. my Kitchen. With much produce, comes much cooking (and now I’m Yoda). For me, slaving over a stove is a labor of love, so I plan to pop on the tunes and get down, funky town style. I’m hoping to make some really tasty things and put a dent in some of these veggies (Jalapeno Cheddar Drop Biscuits and Baba Ganousch anyone?). I also want to prep my lettuce and squash so they are easily accessible for dinner next week, and I need to throw together a few snacks (Granola Cups, Hard-Boiled Eggs, maybe some Trail Mix), so I’ll be plenty busy.
- Work Out: I’d like to do some strength training this weekend since I only made it to the gym twice this week (Boo Hiss!). Working out is a way to recharge my batteries and rid myself of stress, so I really want to make time for this one.
That’s my short list of weekend activities (yes I know some things will likely get bumped) and doesn’t actually include silly chores like laundry – yuck or cleaning – double yuck. Maybe I’ll just be dirty next week.
What’s on your weekend agenda? Does your city have a garlic festival, and if so, would you go?