Man oh man, yesterday’s verbal diarrhea felt fantastic.
Sorry you to had to hear it, and I appreciate you returned, so I promise to be good today. I just get a little worked up at the thought of people profiting off sickness. Imagine that.
Anyway, I’ll be on my best behavior and leave my poor little unicorns alone. Don’t feel too sorry for my one horned friends though; they come equipped with a weapon and could do some damage, if need be.
In honor of yesterday’s rant or because of it, I’m going to switch gears and move back to my happy place, even though I might not be overjoyed with life, at present. There’s a lot going on right now, so I’m doing my best to stay positive and get my groove back. Remember happy doesn’t just happen, you gotta work for it.
One of the ways to get my mojo back is to go on vacation in Jamaica and get seduced by a young Taye Diggs. I figured if it worked for Stella, it can’t hurt to try. Just foolin’ Hubby. Of course I’d bring you with me, so we could have a threesome. I’m really all talk, so don’t go getting any ideas.
Jokes aside, one of the ways I stay happy is to focus on the things which make me happy; the things I’m grateful to have in my life. So, in today’s post, I’m gonna get my grateful on…and I’m going to do it in list form because lists make me really happy. Like giddy excitement happy. I know, I have issues.
The Top Ten Gratitude List
- The Hubby: I’m not the romantic type, so I’m going to skip the hearts, flowers and overdone prose. What I will say is I am grateful for every day I have with my Hubby. Not only is he the bomb.com (yeah I said it), but he’s my prep chef, and a second set of hands in the kitchen is invaluable.
- Family: my family rocks, and I’m going to Buffalo to spend some time with them this weekend. I can’t wait. My nephew is also the cutest, meanest, little lion possible, and don’t tell him, I called him cute because he is trying to be so fierce. Grrrr.
- Employment: my job is usually what brings me to the brink of sanity this time of year, but no matter what happens, I can at least say I have one. Plus, my employer is big on health and wellness. Yeah, they offer weekly lunchtime yoga sessions and give away fresh fruit and Chobani every other week just to encourage healthy eating. I’d say I’m lucky.
- Shiny Happy Produce. Did I mention being employed allows me to subsidize my food addiction? And, is there anything cuter than a baby bell pepper. I named him Fred because it felt right. Fred is currently residing in my crisper, and I’m not sure I can eat him because he’s too damn adorable and at this point, we’ve bonded.
- Color: I wake up in the morning, and it’s dark. I eat dinner at night, and it’s dark (isn’t it time to move the clocks?). While the outside world may seem bleak, I know the inside of my home is filled with color, and I don’t just mean phrases, although those run rampant. My golden hued dining room is adjacent to my Chinese red kitchen. I live in color.
- Music: this should shock no one, but I love music and pretty much all kinds. I wouldn’t want to live in a world without tunes because no music means no dancing, no booty bouncing, and certainly no jazz hands. Hello, Footloose anyone? We all know how that worked out.
- Health: I have my health and despite all the hard work I put into myself, I have learned it’s something which can be taken away in an instant. Everyday my Hubby, my family and I are healthy is a day I am extremely grateful for, like bend over backwards grateful. Oh, to be limber…
- Fires: it might be the mini-pyromaniac in me, but there’s nothing quite like a good old-fashioned fire, and I had the first one of the season this past weekend. I curled up by the fire with a book (a Kindle) and cup of warm apple cider (the jug), and did I mention the Hubby made the fire for me? Told ya, bomb.com.
- Chipolte: I’m grateful there is a fast food restaurant which believes in serving real, whole food without the mess of chemicals, additives that accompanies so many other fast food establishments. When you work forty plus hours a week, juggle a household, pets, a CSA, and a blog, well you need an easy food option sometimes. At least I do, because I’m no June Cleaver (how do people with children do it? It’s astounding to me). Fun fact: Chipolte restaurants aren’t allowed to have a freezer on their premise because they want their food to be that fresh. How do you like them apples?!
- Felines: last,but most certainly not least, are my felines. My newest putty tat weighs in at less than 2 pounds, and he follows me around the house like a little puppy. Plus, his belly looks like a cow.
What are you grateful for? Tell me all about it; I wanna know. What’s your favorite genre of music? And are you a fan of jazz hands? Do you just love Chipolte?