Good Morning or afternoon or whenever you happen to be reading this. I find I go best with an early a.m. cup of coffee or a fitmixer amino cocktail (if you have to ask, you don’t want to know). That’s just me, but then again I am a morning person through and through. I also happen to be a list loving gal as well. Lists make me feel all secure, warm and fuzzy. If it’s on the list, it’s in my world. Or something like that.
I want to give you a glimpse into the depths of my inner psyche (be afraid, be very, very afraid), so I’m going to share one of my favorite lists with the you. Drum roll please……the Grocery Store List. I can’t imagine going to the store without one. In fact, I can’t even remember the last time I did. Even if I was only picking up three items, you can bet I wrote them down on a little wisp of paper, which I then crossed off in the middle of the store, after obtaining said item. Not only do I usually prep this list days in advance, but I also organize it, in the order it appears in the store. First comes my fruits and veggies, then dairy or non-dairy milk, yogurt, eggs, which then rolls into oils and vinegars, baking supplies, nut butters and you get the idea. Of course I load each item into the cart just so. My cart is a delicate, although carefully constructed balancing act. Heaviest and stackable in first, with precious cargo riding gently on top.
The individuals who just toss things into the cart all haphazard like make me squirm. I do my best to ignore their carts of toppling, mismanaged food, although I really want nothing more than to roll up my sleeves, get in there and reorganize the crap out of their cart. I do nothing though because it would be weird and according to the Hubby, rude. Humph.
In any event, let’s get listing. Here’s the lowdown on what I managed to knock off my many lists, in the past seven days. As an ode to my Grocery Store List, I’ll try to organize it in the order it all went down. Oh, who am I kidding? It would be work not to.
- After a ridiculously long work week the week prior, and hosting a Super Bowl party, I decided to take last Monday off, so I could get an hour long massage. Truth: I always take the day after the Super Bowl off so I can get my house cleaned and put everything back in order and it’s proper place. My self-diagnosed OCD wouldn’t allow me to start a new week any other way. The massage was just a bonus thanks to a very thoughtful gift card from friends and family at Christmas. It was Zen.
- I also worked out really hard during the week with four fitness classes on back to back days: Bootcamp, Pilates, Mixed Martial Arts, and Spinning. I may have to drop one of the classes because come Friday, all I wanted was to do was take a long nap or a bath. I couldn’t decide which, but I do know the two shouldn’t go together.
- I made a batch of granola last Monday, which should be enough to get me through this week too. I’ll also have some energy bars because the Hubby whipped up a batch last night. He rocks.
- I worked thirty two hours at my real job, which is way more reasonable than it’s been. Eight hour versus ten hour days does wonders for my sanity. Imagine that. Massages help too.
- I downed a ginormous plate of veggies for dinner on Thursday, and then I went ahead and did the same damn thing on Sunday night. Hmmm, I wonder if you’ll be seeing one of those come WIAW time, especially since this is Love Your Veggies month. If you’re taking bets, the odds are high, but I didn’t tell you that.
- I made homemade macaroni and cheese on Friday night, which got me into part of Saturday as well. Whole wheat pasta with white cheddar and jalapeno cheese isn’t much to look at, but I did top it with some toasted walnuts. I like a little crunch and anytime I get to add nuts…well, you know. I like those too (wink, wink).
- I shared this wonderful and magnificent Blueberry Coffee Cake with the Hubby for breakfast Saturday morning. We picked it up from the Breadsmith on Friday night. Let me tell you, there was much debate about exactly how to split this little gem. The measuring tape might have made an appearance just to make sure everything was on the up and up. I had to ensure I got my fair share. You understand.
- Along with the Hubby, I celebrated a friends 30th birthday party on Saturday night (that’s right, it’s about damn time you ladies started aging along with me) and stayed out until three thirty in the morning. I can’t even remember the last time I made it out that late, but the evening did end with puppies. Needless to say, I slept until almost noon on Sunday.
- I wrote and published another four blogs this past week, and on Saturday, I half started about five more. One of them is going to be a doozy. You’ll want to hold onto your hats that day.
- I watched the Cross movie based on the Alex Cross books. It was ‘eh, but part of the film was shot in Cleveland, so that was sweet.
- I finally got around to designing a new blog header, and the crowd goes wild, or at least I do. This has been weighing on me for weeks now, and the part I’m most excited about: it’s one hundred percent my own food photos. Feel free to give me honest feedback since I’m still mentally toying with the font. I also need to sneak some exercise photos in the mix because this isn’t just Clean Eats. We got Fast Feets here too, but sweat and food don’t pair together well. At least not for me.
What did you accomplish in the past seven days? Tell me, I really want to know, and feel free to put it in list order. Are you finicky about your groceries too? It’s ok if you are. This is a safe place for grocery store confessions. Any thoughts on my new header?