Oh hi. Hey there. So I kind of disappeared last week.
Maybe you noticed. Maybe you didn’t, in which case I’m going to take my wounded ego and hightail it out of here.
On second thought, I’m over it.
I guess I’m back to blogging now, although if I’m being totally honest I’m not sure for how long. Have no fears; I’m not looking to get out of the game for good, but I will say last week’s break was really nice; so nice I might do it again this week. We’ll see. I’m just going to go with the flow and see what happens. Believe you me, this going with the flow stuff is strange. I’m not sure how you normal people do it, although I did start this year saying I wanted to be more spontaneous. For me, this most definitely qualifies, which means I get to check an item off my 2013 New Year’s Resolution lists. Score!
Speaking of lists (aw yeah), it’s time for the Week In Review, where we recap all the joyous things we accomplished in the last seven days or so. Instead of further introspective ramblings from little old me (not in an age sense, mind you because I am most certainly not old), I say let’s get listing:
- I worked forty plus hours at my job with emphasis on the plus.
- I watched a lot of Duck Dynasty. Quite frankly, I didn’t do much else in the evenings last week other than watch this show. I could have given a sloth a run for their money. Suffice to say, I’m completely hooked on the show and the sloth lifestyle. If I disappear again this week, I’m probably not working on world peace, just watching more Duck Dynasty instead.
- I started to get back into a workout groove, going for two runs, knocking the crap out of a heavy bag one night and getting in a boot camp class, which after so many weeks away, knocked the crap out of me. Stupid karma.
- I introduced Oscar to the world of selfies. He’s a natural and of course I’m saying that because he looks like me. Something is wrong with the world when we begin to resemble our pets, or at least my world. On second thought, scratch that (pun intended); I find this picture highly entertaining.
- After a week of a whole lot of nothing, I kicked it into high gear over the weekend and cleaned the kitchen from top to bottom. I’m talking scrubbing flours and cabinets, kind of clean. I’d like to say it stayed that way, but I have three cats and a Hubby so it lasted all of seven minutes. They were a wonderful seven minutes though. Sigh.
- I became a baking machine on Sunday morning, which is apparently what happens when I get ten hours of sleep the night before. I managed to whip up an Apple Honey Oat Cake, a Summer Fruit Cobbler using CSA peaches and some strawberries, and a double batch of Blueberry Lemon Granola; all before noon. The recipe for the granola is coming soon, which translates to when I feel like it since I’m super spontaneous now.
- I hit up the farmers market on Friday, and I managed to nab the mother of all onions, well except there’s two so maybe it’s the Mother and Step-Mama of all onions and some sweet little fingerling potatoes. I have a thing for spuds, which isn’t surprising since I’m Irish. I’ve learned resistance is futile.
- I caramelized the Mother and Step-Mama of all onions in a Crockpot because it seemed only right (sorry ladies). Then I bagged ’em and tagged ’em and added them to my deep freezer. Oh yes, my stockpile of winter food grows. Cackle, cackle.
- I raked our entire back yard because it had become overrun with Acorns; damn squirrels aren’t doing their job. I give them days old bread, and in return they’re supposed to sneak the acorns into the neighbor’s yard. That’s it; I’m cutting them off.
- I sent the Hubby back to school with a huge grin plastered across his face. I’m pretty sure the same grin is spread across my face too. Sorry Da; you know it’s healthy (please, please don’t let this be the day the in-laws start reading).
On that over the top note, I’m off. I’ll be back….whenever.
Interested in participating in the Week In Review…good, you should be.
Here’s how it works:
- Your post should be about all the things you accomplished in the last seven days or so.
- Your post can be about food, social outings, workouts, home improvement projects, fun excursions, none of the above, or all of the above. The idea is to recognize all the things you accomplished in the past seven days. It’s an ode to yourself, a celebration of sorts, and a virtual pat on the back. Plus you get to write in list form, which rocks my socks. Although if you want to stick to prose go ahead; it’s your world.
- Add the Week in Review button to your post, link back to Clean Eats, Fast Feets and get your list on.
- Or you can be like me and make up own your rules. If you can justify it, I’ll accept it. How’s that for lenient?
What did you accomplish in the last week or so? Have you watched Duck Dynasty yet? Don’t knock it until you tried it.