I started this post about a bazillion times this weekend.
I may also be exaggerating (Who me? Nah…), but I did write two totally separate introductions. The first was the Saturday List Edition because those lists are extra special; they’re the ones close to my heart. I also started a Day In The Life Edition as well, again with a focus on Saturday, when I was housebound due to the weather.
Both were equally exciting, which means neither was exciting enough. Basically, I wasn’t feeling it, and I decided I had significantly more to offer today than just my Saturday activities. There were lots of things I did on other days, and I certainly wouldn’t want them to develop an inferiority complex should I neglect them for the second week in a row. Yep, a second week because last week I skipped bragging about my accomplishments in favor of story time, and while it was fun for a day, I’m afraid my ego might have suffered. As if.
Anyway, I’m sticking with the traditional format today; the one where we list out all our happenings, big or small, which went down in the last week. For just a moment, however brief or long (if you’re wordy like me), we can set aside those things which still need doing and instead reflect on what we did accomplish. I think it’s high time we gave ourselves a pat on the back for a job well done.
“What exactly did I do?” Funny you should ask.
I say, “Let’s get listing:”
- I worked forty plus hours at my job, including some weekend work. While this is the most mundane of my accomplishments, it takes up the majority of my time, so it goes on the list. In the Numero Uno slot. Bam.
- In happier news, I slept like a baby this week. I was channeling my inner Oscar. By the way, I am obsessed with his adorable cow belly. Me and this little fella also played a lot of kitty tag. It’s his favorite game, just slightly above let’s chew on Meghan’s arm, where he runs and hides, and then I get to chase him. Then I get to run and hide, and he chases me. I let him win (cough, cough), which is in no way related to the fact he’s much faster than me.
- I did a handful of fitness classes at my gym, including my beloved Spinning and a Boot Camp class, where the instructor had us running, full on high-intensity sprints, on the treadmill. I felt like a contestant on The Biggest Loser, minus the extra baggage. It was super intense, it totally kicked my ass, and I loved it… as soon as it was over, of course.
- Typically I take the weekends off from working out, unless the weather is gorgeous and calling my name or unless the weather is really bad and once again calling my name. Since the weather happens to be so vocal, I snowplowed… the driveway, the walkway, the side of the house and maybe even some of our grass, but would you look at my form. I’m a natural.
- I paid bills and handled the household finances. Not super exciting, but a necessity, at least so long as I want a roof over my head and food in mah bel-LY; my super cute cow belly, that is. 😉
- Speaking of food, I made bread and muffins. Acorn Squash Strawberry Bread and Acorn Squash Blackberry Buttermilk Soaked Oat Muffins to be exact. What can I say? I had a bunch of Acorn Squash which needed handling. Consider it done.
- I spent some quality time with Hubby this weekend, studying Anatomy. Shockingly there’s nothing kinky here, no double entendre, just the real deal. He’s got finals this week, and I’m pretty sure his knowledge about the female reproductive system surpasses even my own. I knew we were complicated, but hot damn.
- I also had a photo session with my food because that’s normal.
- I tackled appointments galore this week: a return visit to the Orthodontist, an annual visit to my lady parts doctor, a trip to my stylist to get my hair did, and equally important, maybe more so, my quarterly blood donation. #givebloodsavealife.
While it might not have been the most titillating of weeks (perhaps I should have stuck with one of my Saturday themed posts; don’t answer that), it was my reality. Often the day-to-day stuff is what makes the world go around; it’s the fabric of our lives. Oh wait, that’s cotton; Cotton is the fabric of our lives. Dammit.
Enough about me. Let’s hear from you.
Interested in participating in the Week In Review?
The Week In Review is a list, in its purest form, not of the things you still need to do, but of all the things you have done in the past seven days. It’s an achievement list and one with the sole purpose of bringing pleasure. Want in? Grab the Week in Review button for your post, link back to Clean Eats, Fast Feets and get your list on. For more details, click here.
Link up and get your list on.
What was your biggest accomplishment last week? What was your smallest? Where did the bulk of your time go?