Sometimes you have to buy food to make food.
I don’t mean grocery shopping either. Instead I’m justifying my reasons for breaking down, into my bank account, and buying Chipotle for lunch yesterday. It’s no secret I’m a fan of Chipotle and convenience food when it’s done right and well. As much as I’d like to make every meal from scratch, sometimes I need a break. Sometimes grabbing fast food allows me to get a boatload of other things done on my numerous lists, like making more food, which is why sometimes you have to buy food to make food. See it all makes sense now.
It doesn’t hurt I’m a huge fan of Chipotle and I’ve been craving it for well over a month now. Who cares if I can’t actually say the name correctly? Or that the Hubby points it out to me every single time. Isn’t he a sweetheart? He did completely redo our basement while he was on his school break, so I can’t hate on him. (Thanks Hubby; it’s significantly less creepy down there now.)
Therefore, today I dedicate my Week In Review to Chipotle, the fast food restaurant without a freezer because their food is so fresh…so fresh and so clean, clean. Thank you Chipotle. Without you and your lovely, large veggie burrito the size of my head, none of this would have been possible. You are so worth it.
Let’s get listing:
- I worked a solid forty hours on the jobby-job.
- I went to the gym five times, and also did my first spinning class in months. It felt AMAZING, like adrenaline rush and crazy endorphins amazing. Until the next day, when I had a phantom bike seat glued to my ass for the duration of my waking hours. Even so, I can’t wait to do it again. Phenomenal cosmic powers, itty bitty bike seat.
- I went to an almost all day baby shower, and while they typically aren’t my thing, I had a really great time catching up with family. Plus, a magical thing called Baby Bellini’s and food was involved. That’s my kind of shower.
- I survived a week without sugary treats. After my sugar filled orgy from the week prior (believe you me, the bit I shared with you was only the icing on the cake; pun intended), I can successfully say I lasted a full seven days without some form of sweets. It wasn’t easy, and it was probably a good thing the Hubby was out-of-town for most of it, but I did it. Which means I’m officially allowed to imbibe on the sweet stuff once more. See I told you it wouldn’t last long.
- I vacuumed the entire first floor of the house like a champ. I even did the staircase because I was feeling frisky. My mad vacuuming ways all went down on Saturday night because I know how to have a good time.
- Speaking of Saturday night, I did do some relaxing and hung out fireside with the Hubby and my felines. Truth be told, I hung out by the fire every single night this past weekend. Fires make me happy and I swear I’m not a pyromaniac. Alright maybe I am, but just a little bit.
- I got saucy with soup. I made a creamy Potato Leek Soup and another round of my Artichoke and Brown Rice soup. It’s good and the recipe will be coming soon, which translates to when I find the time to type it up.
- I finally got my bucket outside and did a few hours of yard work on Sunday. The Hubby and I raked, or rather he raked and I took shameless selfies. I also put away some of my herbs for the year. I was delighted to see my rosemary still going strong. My basil on the other hand, got swept away in a windstorm well before his time. I had big pesto plans surrounding that basil so give me a moment to mourn…..tear, tear.
- I harvested the rest of my mint though, and I’ll be honest I don’t actually know what ‘harvesting” mint means. If it means gathering it all up, cleaning it and freezing it into ice cubes, then yes I harvested mint. Who wants to come over for wintertime mojitos? I do, I do. Oh wait….
Baby showers, fires, Chipotle and booze…now that sounds like a winning week to me. ———————————————————————————————————-
Interested in participating in the Week In Review? Good, you should be.
The Week In Review is a list, in its purest form, not of the things you still need to do, but of all the things you have done in the past seven days. It’s an achievement list and one with the sole purpose of bringing pleasure. Want in? Grab the Week in Review button for your post, link back to Clean Eats, Fast Feets and get your list on. For more details, click here.
Link up and get your list on.
Have you harvested all your herbs or had your first fire of the year? Tell me what you did on Saturday night. Was it as wild and crazy as vacuuming? I bet not. 😉