I have to forewarn you. I’m all over the place today.
It might be because I haven’t written a real post in what feels like forever. It might be because after two magically delicious weeks with my man, I just said goodbye to the Hubby, who is officially on his way back to school. Stupid school in a different state. Grumble, grumble.
It very well might be my self-diagnosed ADD because there are so many words, phrases, and thoughts jumping all over my strange little pea brain, that I don’t even know where to begin. Don’t forget about song lyrics either; those are always up there, belting out at the most inopportune times. ♫ So I say thank you for the music, the songs I’m singing. Thanks for all the joy they’re bringing. ♫ Please tell me I’m not the only one with an ABBA soundtrack running through my mind.
I suppose I should just get right to the resolutions part of this post. It would make sense considering I just plugged it last week. Plus it gives me a chance to type up another list, and we all know how I feel about those. Sweet, glorious, beautiful, blissful lists.
I’ve been troubled with how to broach the Resolution Edition.
Should I talk about my 2013 Resolutions and how I knocked that shit out of the park or at least the infield, which for me, and my less than stellar upper body strength, is pretty impressive? Or perhaps it’d be best to just jump right into my 2014 Resolutions, knowing how much everybody loves a good resolutions post (snort). I could break them up into separate days, but resolutions posts are like band aids; you rip them off and you’re done. No lingering, no multiple publications. You get in, you get out, and then you move on (like a quickie, without having to redo your hair).
Since I’m unusually plagued with indecision, I’ve decided to do a resolution post that covers both 2013 and 2o14. Yep, it’s all about cross contamination, which means today’s post is going to be extra wordy. See, there’s the Meghan you’ve come to know and love. I recommend you take a bathroom break now, grab your beverage of choice and get settled in because it’s gonna be a long one (wink, wink). That being said, I’ll try to keep it short. Ha, ha, ha, ha. That’s funny.
Let’s begin with last year. For a full rendition of my 2013 Resolutions, click here. For the sake of brevity, I’m only sharing the highlight reel today. It’s like Plays of the Week on Sports Center, except not even remotely close. Sorry that was my one attempt at being sportsy; it won’t happen again, and no that’s not a resolution.
2013 Resolutions: Checked or Not Checked.
- Meditate once a week. This was tough one for me. While I didn’t actually sit in a corner and get my silent non-thought process on very much, I did a lot of yoga, which I personally think incorporates a whole lot of meditation. Therefore, I win.
- Belgium Trip. Check, check and check. I went to Belgium and it was a fabulous vacation. I ate bananas with my favorite nephew and managed to squeeze in a side trip to Amsterdam, where I smuggled home tomatoes; yes, tomatoes.
- Blog Shit. I did a ton of “Blog Shit” last year. I created, perfected and published a bunch of new recipes. I met three awesome bloggers, who are all very different and remarkable in their own way. I love you all. I also created a Clean Eats Facebook page and an Instagram account and you should follow me because I am funny and sometimes wildly inappropriate. Ya know, the norm for me.
- Participate in a Tough Mudder. “I am a Vanilla Gorilla,” she says while thumping chest wildly. I also have no shame, or very little considering I’m willing to write on myself with a Sharpie.
- More Spontaneity and Less Structure. I hated this goal when I set it last year. I didn’t accomplish any part of it, and I’m more than okay with that. In fact, I’ve decided to embrace the Planner inside me (it’s like a little green gremlin, but cuter). To hell with spontaneity. It can kiss my non-ass ass.
2014 New Year’s Resolutions
- Make Life Easier. I’m not sure how I’m going to achieve this one, but it needs to be done somehow, someway. The truth is I’ve been struggling the past six months or so, ever since the Hubby became a pharmacy student in a different state. Managing a full-time job, a blog, three crazy cats (and I do mean certifiable) a food share and a lovely, although too big for one person, household has been really hard for me. Sometimes my floors aren’t clean (shudder), and there are days when I’m fresh out of underwear, although I’ve always opted to wear pants on those occasions. See I’m practically modest. Needless to say, I’m still learning how to juggle it all, but I need to find a way to make it easier on myself in 2014. I’m open to suggestions.
- Tackle My Shelf of Shame. Correction: first I need to rename my shelf of shame to ‘Self of Someday’ and then I will tackle it, full on linebacker style. Oh look another sports reference; I have no idea where those are coming from. Anyway, I keep a pile of things I want to do/read on a shelf in the dining room. I thought having it in my face would offend my OCD and thereby motivate me to get through it all, yet still it sits and has sat for at least a year now. Hence the horrific name, which I promise to change.
- More Blog Shit: I want to continue to develop more of my own recipes, tweak some things on the blog and get Food Gawker to accept a recipe; those pesky little rejection emails irk me to no end. Bunch of piss ants. I’m also going to perfect the art of the short blog post, which won’t be starting today. Just in case you were wondering.
- Host a Dinner Party. I’ve always wanted to put together a super fancy dinner party with friends. I’ve never actually pulled the trigger on this though because a) I don’t like guns and b) most of my friends don’t eat like me, so I’m not sure if they’ll enjoy it. Guess there’s only one way to find out. No, no I’m not going firearm shopping; I’ll just invite them over. Seems much simpler to me.
- Get Back to My Roots. I feel like I’ve strayed from my food philosophy roots, so I’d like to get back to who I really am and what I’m all about. This means a lot more rants coming your way and perhaps it’s time to dip my toe in some new pools; not the public kind because I hear little kids pee in them and that’s just gross.
- Junk In The Trunk. I’d like to grow an ass. I suspect squats of all kinds are necessary. I will keep you posted on the progress.
- Climb Mount Everest. Just kidding, I have no desire to do this, especially if it means there’s a chance I’ll break a nail or have to spend a night in the great outdoors.
Alright enough about me. Let’s hear from you. Get your list on and link up.
I want to hear about all your 2013 accomplishments. I want to see your 2014 resolutions, goals, words or lists of any shape and form. If you want to cross contaminate and smash them all together, far be it from to stop you, although I have been called Vanilla Gorilla, so I probably could if I wanted to. Just sayin’. 😉
I missed you all.
What did you accomplish in 2013? Did you set any resolutions for 2014? If so, what kind? Tell me all about them; feel free to do it in list form.
This post is linked with Diary of Semi-Healthy Nut.