We’re going old school today.
Not because I’m old! Despite the fact I have ten plus years on most of my blogging colleagues, which serves just to make me wiser and also more inappropriate. Now I’m sure you’re thinking those two concepts contradict, and I am here to tell you that’s simply not the case. You can be wise enough to know better, yet still capable of making off-putting and tasteless jokes. Hmm, tasteless might be an ill-fitting verbiage choice considering I fancy myself a food blogger.
Oh well. It’s done, and another thing that’s finito is last week; just in time for another Week In Review post; imagine that. It’s like I plan this shit or something.
Back to the matter at hand. I’m going old school with the Week In Review today; you know the kind where we rejoice in our love of lists and celebrate our accomplishments. Life’s too short or too long (you pick) to spend it worrying over all the odds and ends you still need to complete. Instead let’s take a moment to give ourselves a great big pat on the back or a smack on the ass, if you’re into that kind of thing. I guarantee your time went somewhere last week; here’s your chance to reflect on it and realize you are freakin’ impressive. It’s what I do every week. Oh and did I mention the bullet points…I swoon.
Let’s get listing:
- I worked forty plus hours at the office, and the majority of that plus came on Friday night. This has become a reoccurring theme and I’m not fond of it, and by not fond of it, I mean I’d like to take it out back and beat it with a stick, gangsta’ style, despite my non-violent ways. You see the Hubby comes back from school on Friday nights; yet somehow I keep managing to get stuck late at the office. I call shenanigans; the universe is trying to mess with my monkey loving.
- I didn’t let the universe win. Yeah, I went there. It’s been like half a minute since I got all kinky; I figured that was half a minute too much.
- I made my way back to the gym after two solid weeks away, which was a result of necessity more than choice. The being away part I mean, because I couldn’t wait to get back. I partook in a Lower Body Blast class, an Upper Body Blast class, and a pretty much Overall Kick Your Ass class. I was writhing in pain after every one of them, and it’s possible I’m exaggerating. The pain of course, pleased me to no end. I know I’m weird; I’ve long since accepted it. It’d be better for all of us if you just got on board now.
- I was a beast in the kitchen. I’m not sure where the motivation came from, but my years of wisdom tells me you strike when the iron is hot or maybe I read that on a bumper sticker somewhere. In any event, I roasted Acorn Squash, made three different soups: Stuffed Artichoke with Brown Rice & Asiago, Broccoli Cheddar Soup, and Black Bean Corn Soup, a Strange But Good Pesto, Lemon Blueberry Granola (yes, I’m back on that train), Rosemary Garlic Salt, Radish Veggie Dip, Sweet Potato Hash and Rice & Beans because this baby wants back.
- You know when I’m in the kitchen for hours on end, music must be involved. Dancing too and sometimes I’ll throw in an errant jazz hand. This weekend I channeled my inner hippie with a pleasant mix of Cat Stevens, David Bowie, Bob Dylan, The Doors, Janis Joplin and the Grateful Dead. If they were a beatnik or died of a drug overdose, there’s a good chance they were in my weekend rotation. Next week, I plan on burning my bra, while chanting Down With The Man and You Gotta Fight For Your Right To Party. That’s wisdom right there people.
- I did so much laundry I don’t even know where it all came from. That’s a lie. It came from my closet because that’s where I sometimes hide it. Out of sight, out of mind.
- While I know I knocked it out of the ball park this past week, I also made it a point to do some chillaxing. There was fireside movies with the Hubby and another Gilmore Girls marathon. This show will forever have my heart; if only I could talk that clever in real life. I’d be a one woman comedy, with a side of cheese because well…cheese.
Enough about me. I want to hear from you. How did you get your rock star on? Tell me everything.
Interested in participating in the Week In Review?
The Week In Review is a list, in its purest form, not of the things you still need to do, but of all the things you have done in the past seven days. It’s an achievement list and one with the sole purpose of bringing pleasure. Want in? Grab the Week in Review button for your post, link back to Clean Eats, Fast Feets and get your list on. For more details, click here.
Link up and get your list on.
What did you accomplish in the last week? Do you listen to music when you’re getting crafty in the kitchen? What’s on your playlist?