I had every intention of writing a witty and wonderful Week in Review post today.
After all, I was on vacation last week, and I did manage to spend three blissful days in Buffalo visiting with the family.
However, I also got home fairly late last night. Hey, 8 o’clock on a Sunday night IS late for me, so I opted to eat chip dip for dinner and watch Game of Thrones instead of penning a post. My bad, which means today’s Week in Review is going to be all about the pictures.
- This is my “I’m officially on vacation face” or really faces, which is kind of fitting considering my multiple personalities.
- Booze in the foreground, water in the background. I’m not entirely sure what this was, but I do know I went back for seconds.
- I checked out Cleveland’s newest light fixture, and officially the world’s largest outdoor chandelier. I hate to be cliché or anything but Cleveland Rocks and now it Sparkles.
- I made a double batch of granola, Lemon Blueberry to be exact. I dub this photo Granola in a Jar, which absolutely blows OIAJ (Oats in a Jar) out of the water. Yeah, I said it.
- I got in on some family yoga action. Either those are my brother’s legs in the top left corner, or I really need to shave.
- I rekindled my love for an old flame: olives.
- While continuing my existing affair with potatoes.
- And of course, I could never turn my back on fruit or cheese.
- I plotted, charted and put in my new vegetable garden or as the Hubby fondly calls it “The Farm.” I’m pretty sure you need animals to call something a farm, and Oscar doesn’t count, although he’d be totally cool with being a barn cat. In fact, I think he’d prefer to live outdoors.
I planted fresh herbs in the pots: basil, catnip, cilantro, chives, flat leaf parsley, and rosemary. In the actual raised garden bed is (or soon will be) asparagus, broccoli, brussels sprouts, carrots, cauliflower, corn, cucumber, garlic, leeks, hot and bell peppers, tomatoes of all sizes, spinach, and zucchini. It’s pretty much my pride and joy.
- I meditated in a sun patch in the yard…. in my bathrobe and slippers, which does not scream crazy cat lady at all. Crap. In my defense, it was the backyard so I was invisible to the public eye.
- I drank espresso by the mini-cup full.
- I went for a run with my Family and Rooster, my baby brother’s one-eyed dog. He started the run panting, I finished the run panting; it was all good.
- I got to hang with the newest family member and spend some quality time with the girls.
And on that note, I’ll pass the torch over to you so you can get your list on and link up.
Interested in participating in the Week In Review?
The Week In Review is a list, in its purest form, not of the things you still need to do, but of all the things you have done in the past seven days. It’s an achievement list and one with the sole purpose of bringing pleasure. Want in? Grab the Week in Review button for your post, link back to Clean Eats, Fast Feets and get your list on. For more details, click here.
Link up and get your list on.
Have you ever planted a raised garden bed? Got any tips or tricks for me? If you did have a raised bed, what would you plant in it? Do you ever exercise with your family? Got any one-eyed pets?