I might need to look into this blogging schedule stuff.
I know I’ve knocked it in the past, which is odd given the fact I am a list lover and over-passionate planner. We won’t even get into my need to control all the things. Or at the very least, most of the things. Alright fine, all the things.
Typically, I write when inspiration hits and lately, it ain’t been hitting. Or at least not as much as I’d like. I’d hit that though. Ah yes, it’s good to see my sassy side is still going strong, and of course, I’ve redefined immature to be sassy. It has a nicer ring to it.
Since my creative muse decided to take a siesta today and yesterday, three days last week, and fifteen the week before that…hmm; it appears my math skills are faltering. I suspect my mental calculator is on the fritz again. In any event, I might need to eat a little crow and look into jotting down upcoming blog post ideas. If I sit down and force myself to type, eventually I’ll be able to cough out a few gems. I’m sure of it. Now about those future post topics. Let me see. Hmm. Crickets… Crickets… Crickets… Gulp.
Obviously, I need to put more thought into this and toy with the idea, or lack thereof, for more than a mere minute. In the meantime, since I’m short on inspiration and actual height, although never confidence, how about I confess some deep, dark, and steamy secrets instead?
- When I’m cold, I tuck my pants into my socks. It’s super sexy says me.
- I swapped out the classic buttermilk for some straight up almond milk in these Cheddar Apple Soaked Multigrain Muffins. Don’t get me wrong. I love buttermilk as much as the next cow; I was too lazy to run, or really drive, to the store to get it though. Despite the switcheroo, I managed to put down three of these muffins in less than an hour.
- Sometimes, although not too often, I forget to turn the faucet off after washing my hands. It’s a thing.
- I ran the dishwasher three times in the past three days. Water preservation is obviously not a priority of mine.
- I made Spring Rolls for the very first time this weekend, and it was a disaster on so many levels. Um hello, no one told me making Spring Rolls was hard work, labor intensive and exhausting. I legit had to take a nap when I was done. Also, frying food is not my forte.
- I’ve had the same watermelon sitting on my counter for two weeks now. I’ve also had “Cut Watermelon” on my To Do List for the same ungodly amount of time. We’re to the point where I’m certain he’s taunting me. He’s a devilish little bastard and pretty soon, I will teach him a lesson.
- I’m horrible at asking for help, and on the rare occasion when I do, I’m shocked by how well it pays off. I need to do this more.
- I started hoarding tomatoes. Again.
- I had intentions of making three separate soups this weekend. I made none. I blame the Spring Rolls. Obviously.
- I had one too many Vodka Cranberries on Saturday night, as evidenced by the recent discovery of a late night video recording of me rapping to Marky Mark’s Good Vibrations. ♫ Come on. Come on. Feel it. Feel it. Feel the vibration. ♫
I am eternally grateful there were no cell phones, much less Smart phones, when I was growing up.
This video will never see the light of day, although come to think of it, it’s now in The Cloud. Mental note: must investigate this cloud business and find out how much it really knows. Use extreme force if necessary; maybe even more singing.
Before I bid you adieu, I need to ask for help. Pretty please with a locally sourced and possible organic cherry on top.
I need your help and your input. What post topics would you like to see me tackle? More food? Less food? More actual recipes? Less actual recipes? More serious posts? More random ramblings and senseless mutterings? More farm share stuff? If you give me tangible and specific suggestions, I might share the Good Vibrations video or not, although I would be forever grateful.
Your turn. What’s your dark and steamy secret?