Monday’s are all about the Week In Review.
Or at least they should be. For my die-hard fans, you know what’s up. The rest of you, you’ll come around, I’m sure of it. “I’ll get you, my pretty,” she says in her best Wicked Witch of the West Siiiiiddddeee voice (gotta represent).
Alright maybe going all witchy on you isn’t my best marketing ploy. It’s ok, I’ve got others. Do you remember a few weeks back I joked about making up a musical ditty for the Week In Review. No? I forgive you, although let it be known, I am marking your scorecard. In pen, no less.
I still don’t have a full musical number, but I was thinking about ripping off an old classic, and by classic, I mean a back in the day and highly inappropriate hip-hop song. Obviously.
This little gem should be rapped to the tune of Naughty by Nature’s “O.P.P.” Here’s what I’ve got so far.
♫ You down with O.C.D..
Hell yes, that’s me.
Who’s down with O.C.D.?
All the listies. ♫
And by listies, I mean list lovers, and it’s very apparent my new number needs more work. I’ll get on that.
Speaking of getting on things, let’s get this party started.
- I went on a road trip to see the Hubby. It was a quick overnight visit, but seeing my man is always worth it, even if we did eat less than stellar Italian. He could have fed me crappy boxed Bisquick pancakes, and I would have been happy. Oh wait, he did, and I was.
- I broke down and turned on the heat. I didn’t want to do it, but it was downright cold in my house; like 64 degrees cold, and since the weather forecast showed no signs of improvement, I caved. Now I can get by with only one pair of socks and a hoodie. I might even throw on some pants. Then again….
- I meal prepped like a mad woman on a Saturday, probably because I am quite mad, in a good way though. Especially when madness means Vegetable Curry, Parmesan Roasted Potatoes, and Meaty Balls. No picture of the last one; you’ll have to use your imagination.
- I got a pumpkin in my CSA share. I knew this was coming, and since I’m not ready to eat crow, I threw him down in my basement, along with the other assorted squash I’ve gotten in my CSA share in the past few weeks. I’m accumulating quite the collection.
- I added an officially Week In Review page to the blog, with all the deets on our link up party, so now everyone can realize what’s been missing in their lives. You know what I’m talking about. That odd little feeling you forgot to do something. Yep, it’s the Week In Review. We’re open for business all week, so it’s not too late to list all the things and then link up.
- I got into a fight with a can of Blackberry Jam and lost. Bastard. By got into a fight, I mean I physically couldn’t open the jar no matter how many rubber gripper thingies I used and no matter how many times I bashed the lid with a chef’s knife. To be completely honest, I’m still licking my wounds over this. “I’ll get you my pretty, and your little dog too!” assuming jams have dogs. Hmm; I think logic just left the building.
- Since we’re on the topic of logic, I edited my Pin In Instructions from last week because well….they were wrong. There’s no working my way around this one. So for anyone who tried to follow my easy-peasy picture directions and failed, you are not an idiot. It’s all me. My apologies. They have since been corrected, and not only that, they’re improved too. I added a step, which shows how to change where your auto-filled Pinterest caption pulls from (i.e. your blog name, your post title, or even your picture title). It’s worth taking a second look.
- I finally got my act together and joined Bloglovin’. I also made it easier for you to find me by adding the “Follow Me” button to my side bar. ♫ “Hip Hop hooray…Ho…Hey…Ho.“♫ And now we’re back to Naughty By Nature. ♫ “Not cause I hate cha.” ♫
It appears we’ve come full circle, and since circles appeal to my sense of uniformity and my self-diagnosed O.C.D., I’m going to wrap it up and hand the microphone over to you. Get ready to link up do some rapping of a different kind. ♫ You down with O.C.D. Hell yes, that’s me. ♫
Link up and get your list on. Need more info. Click here.
Have you broken down and turned on the heat yet? Are you down with Nature by Nature? Have you got on the Week In Review train yet (because you know you totally should)?!