I’ve decided I need to share some random life happenings today.
I also want it to do it without an introduction.
I know, I know, intros are my bread and butter, and we all know the joy I feel over some creamy, melt in your mouth, butter. Not today though. That’s right, we’re skipping the foreplay and getting right to the heart of the matter…or matters, because lord knows there’s never just one thought gnawing at my noodle.
Thanks Spoons for hosting this fine affair and giving me a chance to showcase my crazy.
- With peach season finally upon us, I’ve been craving this little ditty: Blackberry Peach Grilled Goat Cheese Sandwich. Believe me, you want this in your mouth.
- In other news, this happened last week, and to make matters even more interesting, the Hubby is back at school, which means this is my problem.
But wait, it actually gets better. That little bugger climbed my dining room window and firmly entrenched himself on my curtain rod, while I panicked on the floor beneath him. After I recovered my wits, I tried to reason with him, although it was a one-sided conversation where I talked in calm and dulcet tones, while he glared. I recorded our little tête-à-tête too. I am a blogger after all, and if you’re really interested, you can find it on my Facebook page.
The very best part of this terrifying tale is what I discovered the next day, after catching and carrying the demon spawn kicking and squirming, out of my house in a pair of the Hubby’s boxers (yeah, sorry about that Hubby). It wasn’t a chipmunk. It was in fact a flying squirrel. I have a new-found respect for my cats.
- Moving on, it’s makes me happy when I look at my Instagram account because I feel like it encapsulates me to a T. It’s quite literally my life in pictures.
- In completely unrelated news, I have an overwhelming urge to watch The Color Purple. I keep hearing Whoopie Goldberg’s voice get louder and stronger as she reads out loud from Oliver Twist. Wait, it was Oliver Twist, right? If not, let’s just pretend it is. Great, thanks.
- I feel like I haven’t shared any food on the blog in forever and a day. In actuality, it was just over a week ago. Still, I’ve decided to bombard you with my some of my meals because I wouldn’t want you to think I’ve suddenly forsaken my veggies. For shame.
Alright so there’s no veggies in the last picture, but damned if that grilled cheese doesn’t look good. So good, I couldn’t resist sharing. #cheeseporn
- Speaking of veggies, I’m grew the mother of all zucchini. Check out the girth on this puppy. I know in the past I’ve said size does matter, but this thing might be too big, even for me. Damned if I’m not going to have to eat my own words.
- Like everybody and their mother, I did the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. I uploaded the short version to Instagram, where I’ve been told I have a career in screaming. Maybe I should look into getting an agent.
- Last but not least, let’s play a little game I like to call “Where’s Oscar?” After this, coupled with the squirrel incident, I’m fairly certain he’s a ninja.
Enough about me. I want to hear from you.
Tell me some random life happenings? Have you ever encountered a flying squirrel, and did he climb up your window, onto your curtain rod, and then leap at your face? What’s the biggest zucchini you’ve ever grown? Anybody want to help me tag team this thing? Have you done the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge yet?