Blogging surveys are the shining stars which beckon when post ideas are nowhere in sight.
Since I expended all my resourcefulness in the kitchen this weekend by cooking up a freaking storm, I was happy to discover Ms. Broccoli tagged me in this fun little foursome of a Q&A session. It makes threesomes look mild. Alright, that was an exaggeration. I do that sometimes and call it my artistic license, not to be confused with creative liberties. I also toss around fancy words and phrases in the hopes it’ll distract you from my lack of a proper introduction. Let’s pretend it worked and get on with the fours.
Four names people call me, other than my real name:
- Vanilla Gorilla.
- Crazy Cat Lady, although I’m down to only two felines now, so I’m revoking this title.
- Naughty Little Minx, or so says the Hubby.
Four jobs I’ve had and when I had them:
- Sales Associate at a catalogue ordering store when I was in high school.
- Cashier at CVS during my freshman through junior year of college.
- Office Clerk in a dentist’s office my senior year of college.
- Payroll Administrator at a law firm, post schooling, although not my present day gig.
Four movies I’ve watched more than once (AND can quote):
- Usual Suspects: this is a classic and one of my favorite movies of all time.
- The Lord of the Rings Trilogy: I rewatch these every winter with the Hubby.
- The Thomas Crown Affair: the one with Pierce Brosnan and Rene Russo. It’s sexy and sassy, just how I like it.
- The Sound of Music: belting out songs alongside Julie Andrews has become a Christmas tradition. I give myself bonus points when I get the lyrics right.
Four books I’d recommend:
- It by Stephen King.
- Welcome to the World, Baby Girl! by Fannie Flagg.
- In Cold Blood by Truman Capote.
- The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger.
Four places I’ve lived: er, I’ve only ever lived in two places so I’m halving this question.
- Buffalo, New York.
- Cleveland, Ohio.
- Amsterdam: the Hubby and I stayed there for twenty four hours last year, and it wasn’t enough time, which means we’ll have to go back. It’s a rough life, I know.
- Croatia: one of my favorite places of all time. We stayed in a villa surrounded by rosemary hedges, overlooking the Adriatic Sea. It was a dream vacation.
- Greece: there’s a small chance I fled Athens with an outstanding and unpaid fine. Oops.
- New Orleans: I walked my ass off to win this trip, and it was worth every blister and breakdown, of which there were many. The blisters that is, there was only one mental lapse, which I chalk up to sheer exhaustion.
Four places I’d rather be right now: I’ve only got one answer here.
- Exactly where I am right now: in front of my fireplace surrounded by the Hubby and my felines, with Three Bean Vegetarian Chili cooking away in the Crockpot and the biscuits to end all biscuits in the oven.
Four things I don’t eat:
- Seafood. despite a fantastic nutritional profile, I’m not a fan of the taste or the smell.
- Meat, partially for textural reasons, although I miss bacon, badly.
- Soda pop, unless it’s made with real sugar and even then it’s rare.
- The big fast food chains: McDonald’s, Burger King, Taco Ball, etc. I wouldn’t touch their non food with a ten foot pole. It would outlast the pole anyway.
Four of my favorite foods:
- Hooray Veggies!
- My adoration of cheese makes Homer Simpson’s love of donuts tame.
- Potatoes: all shapes, sizes and colors.
- Fruit, preferably in mass quantities.
Four TV shows that I watch:
- Game of Thrones.
- Top Chef.
- Gilmore Girls: I love me some Lorelei and Rory.
- The Housewives, sans Miami. This one is embarrassing to admit and yet I can’t seem to look away.
Four things I’m looking forward to this year:
- Having the Hubby home for an extended break at the end of December.
- Spending the holidays with family, including my nephew who spends most of his days halfway across the world in Brussels, trying to consume gigantic sandwiches. Despite the distance, we have a lot in common.
- Things settling down at work, if only so I can stop going into the office on weekends.
- My Squash Roasting Party: it’s bound to be a blast. I know how to rage.
Four things I’m always saying:
- Hi Sunshine. This is my standard greeting in almost every scenario.
- ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫ I love to sing, despite a horrific lack of ability to do so.
- We should make a list.
Four people I’m tagging for this survey:
Threesomes are so overrated. Get your fours on, ladies.
Your turn: Answer any of the questions above: four foods you won’t eat, four jobs you’ve had, four places you’ve lived or four places you’ve been.