Get your pads and pens ready because it’s time for the Week In Review.
The Week In Review is a list, in its purest form, not of the things you still need to do, but of all the things you have done in the last seven days. It’s an achievement list, an ode to yourself, a celebration of sorts, and a virtual pat on the back.
Need more details? Head here. ♫ You can do it, put your list into it. ♫
Let’s get listing:
- I worked 50 plus hours at the job which pays my bills. I had my big presentation last Monday, the one I spent hours practicing for, and I’m happy to report it paid off.
- I wrapped a holy shitton of presents throughout the week.
- I had my Anatomy Ultrasound on Friday afternoon. It’s amazing how long these appointments can last and a pity they didn’t need to me to pee in a cup. I went three times in the span of a single visit. Also and more importantly, the baby appears to have all ten fingers and all ten toes.
- I published three blog posts, including an educational one (who am I?) on food photography and styling along with the easiest smoothie recipe this side of town.
- I hit up the grocery store, unloaded the dishwasher countless times, balanced checkbooks, folded laundry and was smart enough to pull Stuffed Artichoke Soup and Blue Cheese and Chive Drop Biscuits out of the deep freezer, which, coupled with spinach salad, made a lovely dinner two nights running.
- I polished off Juli’s White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Butter in a single sitting. I only meant to try a spoonful or two and before I knew it, the jar was completely empty. No regrets, although the Hubby’s a little bitter he missed out. Oops; my bad.
- I finished my latest book, which turned out to be nothing like the lighthearted read I thought it would be. I should have known better with Jodi Picoult. Nevertheless, it was fantastic.
- I hosted my mother and niece for the weekend.
- We snuck in a quick and easy lunch at the house before hitting up the Cleveland Museum of Art for the exhibition Painting the Modern Garden: Monet to Matisse. I’m not exactly a museum kind of gal (I swear in one picture the very biblical Eve was clutching a pair of sweaty gym socks; the Hubby disagrees), but this was pretty impressive.
- We made our way to Light Up Lakewood for the tree lighting and fireworks show before heading to Namaste India Garden, one of my favorite local restaurants.
- We had a delicious breakfast on Sunday morning, which involved Apple Pie Pancakes, Parmesan Roasted Sweet Potatoes, bacon and fresh fruit.
- We went for a walk through the neighborhood before my mom and niece hit the road and headed back to Buffalo.
- I had a FaceTime date with my sister from a different mister. Lord, I wish this woman lived closer.
- I spent my last remaining hours on Sunday evening recuperating on the couch in front of a fire.
My goal is to have a little bit more of that last one in my life this week. Wish me luck.
Your turn. I want to hear from you. Link up and get yo’ list on.
What are three things you accomplished in the last week?