Get your pads and pens ready because it’s time for the Week In Review.
The Week In Review is a list, in its purest form, not of the things you still need to do, but of all the things you have done in the last seven days. It’s an achievement list, an ode to yourself, a celebration of sorts, and a virtual pat on the back.
Need more details? Head here. ♫ You can do it, put your list into it. ♫
Happy New Year Peeps!
I’ve decided to switch things up today and rock a resolutions post instead, what with it being a brand new year and all. Besides, I’ve never been one to turn down a cool hip new list before so I see no reason to start now.
Bring it on:
- I promise not to say things like “clean up my diet” now that the “holiday indulgences” are over.
- Nor will I bitch slap the people who tout these ridiculous things. I will very likely roll my eyes though. Not surprising given my thoughts on detoxes, diets or any other restrictive eating plans.
- I will continue to keep a healthy distance between myself and powdered foods, unless of course confectionary sugar is involved. Suffice to say, protein powder or PB2 will not be joining my meals anytime soon.
- I will continue to love my salads, especially this Pomegranate Citrus Salad, as equally as I love my cookies.
- I will try not to hate on pumpkin. Snort. I might even tackle the half dozen squash hanging in a cool dark corner of my basement.
- I will buy new bras since my existing ones are a millimeter away from exposed Nipple Gate; only on the left side though. The right cup is holding steady.
- I will stop stroking the Hubby’s beer bottles while muttering things like my precious. This one starts when the baby comes and not a moment before.
- I will listen to my body, which means working out when I feel like it and skipping it when I don’t, even though the latter is happening more often than not lately.
- I will embrace change or more realistically not threaten to take it out back and beat it. Alright fine, it’s highly unlikely I’ll welcome change, ever.
- I will however embrace people of all walks of life, color, creed, size, age, religious beliefs, or sexual orientation.
- I will not let fear dictate my decisions or beliefs.
- I pledge to occasionally take off and wash my new grey velour sweat suit, which makes me look like a pimp.
- I also promise to keep the 50 Cent singing to a minimum while wearing same. ♫ I don’t know what you heard about me. I’m a P.I.M.P.. ♫
- I will post more Public Banana pictures because I’ve been slacking lately or really drinking them in smoothies, which doesn’t have the same effect. Suggestive eye contact while holding a ball jar of green liquid is definitely not the same.
- I promise to disconnect more. Yes I see the irony between this and my last resolution. ‘Eh, no matter.
- I will schedule more massages and not just when I have a gift card.
- I shall use laughter as a source of sustenance in addition to my beloved carbs, although never at the expense of them.
- And for the grand finale, I will continue to be me, in all my imperfect, weird and quirky glory.
Your turn. I want to hear from you. Link up, a resolution post or your typical Week in Review, and get yo’ list on.
What are three things you accomplished in the last week?