Get your pads and pens ready because it’s time for the Week In Review.
The Week In Review is a list, in its purest form, not of the things you still need to do, but of all the things you have done in the last seven days. It’s an achievement list, an ode to yourself, a celebration of sorts, and a virtual pat on the back.
Need more details? Head here. ♫ You can do it, put your list into it. ♫
Let’s get listing:
- Despite having not one, but two doctors appointments last week, I managed to work forty fairly intense hours on the job. It was a tough week.
- As a result, I spent my weekday evenings horizontal on the couch. No shame in my game.
- I published three blog posts, including a bump update, like no other: The Second Trimester: What To Expect When You Weren’t Expecting to be Expecting.
- We celebrated the Hubby’s birthday with friends on Friday night at Villa Y Zapata, one of our favorite Mexican restaurants. ♫ Red beans and rice didn’t miss her. ♫ Their veggie burritos make me happy.
- I made the Hubby the most decadent chocolate layer cake with chocolate buttercream frosting, from scratch of course. On the rare occasion I make a cake, I like to go all in.
- We had my dad and stepmom spend the weekend with us. Hooray for family visits and Hubbys who clean the house while I make cake.
- We started with a simple lunch on Saturday: a massaged kale salad with hard boiled eggs, white beans, walnuts and a Garlicky Chipotle Dressing, paired with a Baked Potato Bar for the win.
- We headed to my happy place, the Cleveland Botanical Gardens for the start of Orchid Mania. I could, and did, take pictures of flowers for hours. They were stunning.
- We went out for the Hubby’s birthday again on Saturday night, this time to Forage Public House, home of the Vegan Mac and Cheese which makes my dairy loving heart have second thoughts. As expected, the food was phenomenal and the company lovely.
The Hubby and I have eaten here numerous times since the summer and it’s definitely a fan favorite. The fact they source ingredients from local Ohio farms is simply icing on the cake.
- We took advantage of the unseasonable warm weather and hit up the local park on both Saturday and Sunday. It felt fantastic to stretch my legs.
- We concluded our family weekend with breakfast at the house on Sunday morning: fresh fruit, Breadsmith’s Orange Cranberry Dessert Bread, cheddar scrambled eggs, garlic roasted asparagus and for mocktails: Tropical Orange Smoothies.
- After my family hit the road to Buffalo, I headed back to bed for a long nap.
- I spent the better part of Sunday evening getting ready for the week, the month, and today’s blog post. There might have been some leftover cake involved too.
Your turn. I want to hear from you. Link up and get yo’ list on.
What are three things you accomplished in the last week?