It’s been far too long since I’ve spewed a litany of words out of my pie hole.
Alright fine, I engage in this particular activity daily, mostly with myself. What can I say? Someone’s gotta entertain me.
Enter more Random Ramblings and Senseless Mutterings.
It’s been a hot minute since I’ve written one of these bad boys, and for whatever reason, you guys really seem to like these posts. I’m still not entirely sure why, but I do aim to please whenever possible. Unless of course you’re an ax murderer asking to be invited in. Then I will politely decline and send you on your way with a cookie or a slice of cheese, not the good cheese though. I reserve that for special occasions, like Tuesdays.
I’ll take any excuse to write in list form. Cackle, cackle.
1) I ran out of bananas last week, which is a travesty in and of itself. In an attempt never to let this horror happen again, I bought extra this week. This is for the next seven days.
2) While some might suggest I went overboard (cough, the Hubby, cough), we all know prevention is the best medicine. Besides, if there’s any left, I’ll freeze those suckers or make muffins.
3) Speaking of bananas, the real reason my supply ran dry is because my latest love affair with this Peanut Butter Chocolate Smoothie. I’m hooked worse than a cat on nip.
4) I blame Spoons for my newest obsession. After all she’s the one who lured me to the dark side a couple of months ago and now I’m on a downward spiral to Chocolate Smoothieville, sandwiched somewhere between Pleasure Island and Funky Town.
5) ♫ Won’t you take me to Funky Town? Won’t you take me to Funky Town? ♫
Know any good support groups?
6) On April 3rd, I ate tempeh for the first time. That same evening, I also ingested bacon, my first deliberate meat consumption in years. I always said it would be bacon.
I had an unfamiliar, although not problematic, rattle in my stomach later that night. I think it was the tempeh.
7) First chocolate smoothies, then bacon. Clearly, I am out of control; a raging maniac. I can’t even fathom what’s next. Oh wait, that’d be this.
8) While snack platters really are my ideal dinner, sometimes I settle for bagels piled high with cream cheese. Samantha’s team bagel.
9) And because I wouldn’t want Oscar to get jealous…yeah, I’m pretty sure he stalks my blog when I’m at the office all day. It’s either that or sleep, and we all know cats are known for being internet creepers.
He is thrilled to discover his own personal catnip plant from last year is actually a perennial. Confession: I’m tickled too since I had no idea.
10) Last but never least, I missed National Siblings Day last week. I also just found out such an occasion existed, although it does explain the lovely text message I got from my brother. Not this brother, but it’s a cute picture.
My kicks rock, although the dress is a little scandalous, considering I’m flaunting my kneecaps for all to see.
11) Not much has changed since then.