Sometimes the best way to accomplish all the things is to do absolutely nothing.
A couple strong cups of coffee, powered by eleven hours of sleep, certainly doesn’t hurt either.
I give you exhibit A, my Saturday morning To Do list.
(Saturday morning Weekend To Do list)
The craziest part is I managed to complete about 85% of it, which is rather impressive, if I do say so myself, and I totally do. Toot, toot.
I recognize the excessive ambition in my own To Do lists. I also know the events leading up to and peppered within my weekend played a huge role in my successful crossing off action, not to be confused with cross dressing, not that there’s anything wrong with that. If you wanna test drive a different set of parts, far be it from me to stop you. Rock on with yo’ bad self.
Back to the subject at hand.
The week before last left me feeling depleted. I was a stress bunny, working obscene amounts of hours at my real job with little sleep, no exercise, and not a ton of nutritional goodness either. Enter cranky Meghan stage left. As such, I knew this week had to be different. So, I made a conscious effort to slow down, ease up and take better care of myself.
- I began each day with a green smoothie, even if I did follow up one of them with a red velvet cupcake. Balance and so worth it.
- I left work on time daily.
- I made it a point to take a lunch break, get outside and go for walks.
- I ate my greens, even though it meant hitting up a salad bar.
- When I did get home from the office, I did nothing outside of feeding myself.
- I took a break from blog stuff, including my reader.
- I broke into my freezer stash for dinner.
- I didn’t work out.
- Instead, I meditated.
- I also took cat naps, usually with this guy. He’s the best snuggler probably because he has no concept of personal space. “Oh is that my whisker stabbing you in your eyeball? You’ll be fine.”
- I went to bed early every night, like 9 o’clock early.
- I woke up feeling refreshed.
- I listened to a lot of music.
- I went on multiple walks with the Hubby.
- I took it easy and watched lots of mindless television with 60 Minutes thrown in for good measure. It can’t all be smut.
- The Hubby and I squeezed in some episodes of Breaking Bad. After over a year, we’re finally on the fifth season. At this rate, we’ll be done by Christmas.
- We even watched a movie too: The Girl Who Played With Fire, the Swedish version of course. Bring on the subtitles.
- I skipped out of work early on Friday in favor of lunch with the Hubby.
- I witnessed a beautiful sunset on Saturday night.
- I finished my book.
- I started a new one.
- I had fires in the fireplace.
- And I even tackled spaghetti squash for the first time ever, and that wasn’t even on my list. Boom! One down, two to go.