Get your pads and pens ready because it’s time for the Week In Review.
The Week In Review is a list, in its purest form, not of the things you still need to do, but of all the things you have done in the last seven days. It’s an achievement list, an ode to yourself, a celebration of sorts, and a virtual pat on the back.
Need more details? Head here. ♫ You can do it, put your list into it. ♫
Let’s get listing:
- It was bittersweet, quite literally, since they both gifted me with sugary goodness. I’m not complaining. In fact, the majority of it is already gone, and the Hubby is in the doghouse, metaphorically speaking, since we don’t actually have a pooch. Oscar forbids it.
- I put in 23 hours in two days at the office. I know, I know far too many given my current “condition.” To make matters worse, I threw in another hefty handful over the weekend for good measure.
- To make up for it though, I cashed in on a gift card and got myself a rub down. I told the masseuse her fingers were like magic, and then I booked a follow up appointment for early January. I can hardly wait. Come to mama.
- I celebrated Thanksgiving with the family and took zero pictures of people and tons of the food. Oops, my bad.
Veggies Plus Cheese = My Happy Place
- I tried on piles and piles of maternity clothes, passed onto me by friends and family alike. I had no idea this network of pregnant women existed. They’re like prairie dogs, popping out of the ground, and passing on wardrobes. I’ll never be able to go back to mall shopping again.
- I swapped closets, a long overdue project.
- This one is HUGE (by the way, please say that in your best Donald Trump voice since I have nothing but ridicule for that man) and something I never told you about. Back in my early pregnant days, I had some…shall we say, “issues.” Nothing serious, but enough to where the doctor banned me from all exercise AND mad monkey loving. To say the last few months have been rough is a HUGE understatement.
- Now after months of forced celibacy, I’m pleased to report all activities are officially back on the menu, although I’m only sharing pictures for one. You understand.
- I went for a one mile run on Friday. I thought I was going to die the entire time; yet, I couldn’t stop smiling or panting. Holy shit, what happened to my lungs?
- I got all Zen and hit up a prenatal yoga class on Saturday. It was different, but good. I too shall learn how to run my belly in public and get maternal with it.
- I made Scalloped Sweet Potatoes with a Béchamel Sauce and then topped it all with my own Oven Roasted Candied Walnuts. It was an experiment gone incredibly right, which means I’ll share the recipe; next November, of course. Patience my friends, pretending I know anything about that topic. I totally don’t.
- I cleaned out nearly 1500 pictures on my iPhone. Dusts off shoulder.
- I caught up on my BlogLovin feed. Happy dance ensues.
- I paid all the bills and balanced our checkbooks.
- I put some time into making a long pin for my Scrambled Egg Breakfast Pizza and then promoted that sucker; with good reason. Have you seen this thing? Two words: Drool. Worthy.
- I pretended to drink wine. It was amazing, even if it was all in my head. I can concoct a pretty sweet fantasy when need be. You should have seen my pent up sex dreams…on second thought.
- I then made a glorious snack platter for dinner to go with my fancy pants “wine.”
- Between the Hubby and I, we managed to get 70% of our holiday shopping done, with the vast majority being purchased at local shops and boutiques. Boom!
- We also wrapped some of that shit too. That is, until we ran out of scotch tape. Shakes fist.
- Last but certainly not least, we got our Christmas tree, and we decorated it, along with the rest of the house last night. It was all the rage on Snap Chat, if you’re into that sort of thing. Annual tradition complete.
Heads up: some of the below pictures are from last year because they came out way better than last night’s dimly lit snaps; that and I love the one of Oscar lounging in the wreath.
All in all, I felt like a beast last week, a mad accomplishing, booty smacking (so much yes to this one!), machine. Bring it on holidays, bring it on.
Your turn. I want to hear from you. Link up and get yo’ list on.
What are three things you accomplished in the last week?