Get your pads and pens ready because it’s time for the Week In Review.
The Week In Review is a list, in its purest form, not of the things you still need to do, but of all the things you have done in the last seven days. It’s an achievement list, an ode to yourself, a celebration of sorts, and a virtual pat on the back.
Need more details? Head here. ♫ You can do it, put your list into it. ♫
Let’s get listing:
- I worked forty-five plus hours on the job last week, which had me more drained than a male orgy during a private viewing of the Rocky Horror picture show. Fishnet stockings can have that effect, not that I would know. The short and sundry version is work has been kicking my non-ass ass.
- Which is why I spent the vast majority of my evenings on the couch, sometimes covered in cats and grandmas visually jarring, yet super comforting afghan. The felines are drawn to my dark grey velour pimp suit like a moth to a flame. Totally understandable.
- On Thursday morning, I had a routine doctors appointment, got blood drawn, took my one hour glucose test, peed in a cup (and on my right hand, thank you very much), and got a shot in the ass, all before noon. Talk about productivity.
- I did some adulting: folded clothes (laundered from the week before), unloaded the dishwasher, paid bills, ran a vacuum, grocery shopped, the usual monotony.
- I spent Saturday morning getting more blood drawn and drinking high fructose corn syrup in mass quantities for my second and much longer glucose test. I overshot the first round by one lousy point. Clearly, it can’t be my diet of coffee and ice cream for breakfast.
- I printed off and organized our tax forms in case I feel moved enough to actually complete and file them. Baby steps.
- I got my head shaved again and I’m sharing a makeup free selfie from this summer for my girl, Suzy, along with a side of Oscar because she loves that cat almost as much as me.
- I got back into our home office renovation, by spending hours on Saturday shredding paperwork galore, getting everything cleaned out, including the start of the carpet on Sunday. Woot, woot.
- I had a dinner date with the Hubby on Saturday night at Sweet Melissa. We shared one of my favorites: beer battered and pesto cream cheese stuffed artichoke hearts. Be still my heart. I followed it up with a giant salad because Must. Eat. Green. Things; which haven’t been deep fried. Minor detail.
- I caught up on my BlogLoving feed and scheduled more pins for my Pinterest boards on BoardBooster. Have I mentioned how much I love this program? Oh, only like a thousand times. Carry on then.
- I spent Sunday morning doing more recipe testing and picture taking so I’ll have some cool things to share with you in the future.
- Last but not least, I hit up a friends house for a Super Bowl party last night, where I made it all the way to the half time show. Pretty damn impressive if I do say so myself, and I do.
Your turn. I want to hear from you. Link up and get yo’ list on.
What are three things you accomplished in the last week?