There was a half second there, where I contemplated skipping the whole New Year’s Resolution post.
And then I laughed at that ridiculous idea. After all, I am a Type A planner through and through; a self-proclaimed list lover, who thrives off organization and goal setting. I can’t imagine voluntarily passing on an opportunity to pen a post, which includes all my great loves. The mere idea is preposterous, I tell you.
That being said, I do recognize as much as I love lists, New Year’s Resolution posts can be…well… a wee bit boring at best, and downright knock you out and put you to sleep comatose, at worst. It’s true, which is why I’ll try my very hardest not to do either one to you today. In the meantime, I certainly appreciate you indulging my structured and strategic side. To be totally honest, it’s my sweet spot, not to be confused with my G spot or my favorite gelato place. See, comments like that should help keep you awake. Coffee works wonders too. I’m on my second cup already today, so I’ll wait while you grab a mug and catch up.
Very good, let’s begin.
- I resolve to wash my face more and floss often, which has nothing to do with an upcoming teeth cleaning appointment tomorrow *cough, lies and deceit, cough.*
- I fully intend to use less emoticons when expressing myself, unless of course they develop a Homer Simpson emoji, in which case all bets are off. Mmm cheese.
- I’m going to spend more time in coffee shops and local foodie establishments, with the real intention being a self-imposed quarantine, so I can pen more blog posts. I might eat something while I’m there too. A fortunate consequence, if you ask me.
- Speaking of blogging, I’m going to share more recipes. I’ve even got three waiting in the wings at this very moment. It’s now just a simple matter of putting words to paper, which goes back to my coffee shop loving. Yep, I’m a full circle kind of gal.
- I’m going to run some kind of race this year, which is absolutely nutty for me, and yet I like a little crazy in my life, provided it’s perfectly planned of course. Besides, I haven’t had any exercise ambitions since the Tough Mudder over a year ago, which means its high time to put one in place. Now who’s running with me?
- I have lofty ambitions of raising the roof on salads, or at least elevating in them my Instagram stats. Greens need loving too people. [Hey Kirsten, your Fattoush Dip was my number one Instagram picture in 2014. Seems fitting to me.]
- I’m giving up gluten in 2015. And the room goes utterly silent. Wait? What? Can it be? Clean Eats, Fast Feets is going gluten-free?
Just kidding. Hell hasn’t frozen over just yet, although I am going to try a few of these Simple Mills mixes. Far be it from me to pass on a chance to eat bread and cookies. Besides, I have friends who have been diagnosed Celiac. It’s my moral obligation to test these for them.
- 2015 will be the year I embrace squash, although not literally. I’ve got a Hubby and cats if I need a hug. I do have a small mountain of squash hiding out in a cool dark corner of my basement though, and it’s time to dive head first and full force into it.
- I’m taking more vacation time this year because I deserve it. I worked way too hard and far too many hours in 2014, and I definitely don’t want to do that again. Long weekends and road trips here I come.
Thanks for indulging the Type A list lover happily trapped inside me.
Tell me about your New Year’s Resolutions, hopes or expectations or whatever buzz word they’re using these days. Also if there’s anything you’d like to see more of from me, now is the time to request it. Alright fine, you can ask me anytime, although it sure would be nice to work it into my plan.