Sometimes, alright more often than not, my brain is a revolving door of thoughts, ideas, random ramblings and senseless mutterings, with extra emphasis on the last two.
There are days I wish I could hit the mute button, and then I remember that’s why I feverishly write lists, practice yoga and meditate. Since I skipped the majority of those activities last week, my mind is in a state of hyperactivity, which some of you might call turmoil. I call it home though and instead of fighting my own neurosis, I learned long ago to embrace it. Hence the reason, we’re going to Think Out Loud, and all over the place today.
1) The love y’all showed for my Pearls of Wisdom post last week has made my little heart go pitter patter in a good, non-medical scare, kind of way. You guys are the Cats Pajamas, and I bow humbly before you. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2) Living with felines has taught me not to fear things that go bump in the night. In fact, most times after being startled awake by a huge crash, I await the little scamper of running paws, at which point I roll over, nestled deeper under the covers and quietly slip back into slumber.
3) That being said, I refuse to sleep with the closet door open. I see no good reason to taunt the Boogie Man. It’s unnecessary and reckless behavior and since I’m not known for either of those…oh wait.
4) I made Flourless Double Chocolate Brownies yesterday simply because I didn’t want to waste a candy cane, bearing in mind a candy cane was in no way part of the original recipe. I regret nothing.
5) I have perfected the art of clumsy. Case in point, I have a bruise in the shape of Saturn on my non-ass ass, rings and all; right cheek, by the way. I took a tumble in my kitchen last week, and while most would find this behavior klutzy, I take pride in my solar system art.
6) Now the softball sized bruise on my left knee cap came from another incident altogether, which I shall refer to as Meghan Zero, Crow Pose One. Have no worries, Crow has not seen the last of me yet. I am nothing if not stubborn and competitive.
7) I was a workout machine last week, which translates to four workouts, mostly cardio with some weights thrown in for good measure. For me, this is an ideal number of sweat fests, especially when you add a mad monkey love session into the mix. Surely that last one falls into the cardio category.
8) Speaking of the Hubby, he’s got finals coming up which means he won’t be coming home next weekend. Instead of throwing a pity party, we threw a kitchen cooking party so he’d have enough supplies and brain food to last him the next twelve days.
Your turn. Do you sleep with the closet door shut tightly? Have you baked with squash before? What’s your take on ill-mannered Tupperware?