I want to talk about nuts today.
The kind you want in your mouth.
The kind of nuts you can’t help but blindly grab over and over again with the full intention of tossing them down your throat.
On the regular.
The kind of nuts which make afternoon snacking a source of delight.
On a daily basis.
The kind of nuts you want to keep on hand for entertaining.
The kind of nuts which are completely addicting.
In a great way.
The kind of nuts with a hint of sweetness.
Without smacking you in the face.
The kind of nuts roasted to perfection.
Without burning your tongue.
The kind of nuts which leaves you satiated and satisfied.
And with a smile on your face.
You want ♫ Deeez Nuuuts. ♫
- 4 cups of whole natural almonds, unsalted.
- 1 egg white (beaten)**
- 1/4 Raw Sugar*
- Cinnamon, to taste
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Beat egg white in medium bowl. Add almonds, sugar and cinnamon.
- After mixing together, spread the almonds on a greased cookie sheet and bake for one hour at 250 degrees. Stir the almonds once halfway through. Remove from oven and let cool.
- *The larger crystals in the raw sugar are great for these almonds.
- **Save the yolk and use it in scrambled eggs, an omelet, quiche or frittata.
What’s your favorite seasoning and way to roast nuts?