Get your pads and pens ready because it’s time for the Week In Review.
The Week In Review is a list, in its purest form, not of the things you still need to do, but of all the things you have done in the last seven days. It’s an achievement list, an ode to yourself, a celebration of sorts, and a virtual pat on the back.
Need more details? Head here. ♫You can do it, put your list into it.♫
In the meantime, let’s get listing:
- Last week, I picked up my newest CSA haul, and now I have a small mountain of apples adorning my kitchen counters, which says nothing about the pile of pumpkins in my basement. I think they’re watching me.
- I attacked the garden, tossing out plants and salvaging any remaining produce, including a handful of carrots and these glorious potatoes, which was legit the highlight of my week. For real, I grew potatoes people. That’s huge. I feel like Batman. First the spuds, next the world. Cackle, cackle.
- I planted garlic, which means come Spring I will have Garlic Scapes galore and well… more garlic. It’s like magic, not to be confused with that scientific mumbo jumbo the Hubby is always going on about. Pfft.
- I packed in and covered up our raised garden bed with compost and shredded leaves because “Winter is coming,” she says in her best John Snow voice.
- I hit up the grocery store (twice), the dry cleaners (twice), the library, and the pet store because my felines need food too. They’re a demanding sort.
- Speaking of, I lounged with this girl, quite literally. Now if I only I could pick up her mad perching skills. No matter, I’m sure that’s next in my Batman training course.
- I spent more hours at my day job than I care admit, and I fully expect to do the same this week.
- I walked with the Hubby through the fallen leaves and proceeded to jump on as many of them as possible. There’s something so very satisfying about that crispy, crunchy, crushed leaf sound.
- I cleaned the first floor of our house, washed bedding, folded clothes and picked up endless piles of cat fur. My felines are maniacs. I’m pretty sure they drop fur just to see my reaction.
- I shared three blog posts, including a recipe for Double Chocolate Coconut Granola, the Hubby’s newest favorite flavor.
- I went clothes shopping and had a lunch date with one of my besties, where I ordered a huge green salad. Say hello to my giant ball of guacamole. I’ll be honest, he scared me a little.
- I passed out buckets of candy to the trick or treaters and checked out the local decorations. We have some creative peeps in our hood.
- I made buns and not the kind you find in the gym either.
- I also learned how to use Snapchat. Thanks Spoons for teaching this old, yet super sassy and sexy dog new tricks. Come follow me and see my shenanigans, plus a lot of Oscar. He’s excited to get this party started.
- Last but certainly not least, I fell in love with the Week in Review all over again because for a minute there, I was lamenting all the things I didn’t get done when hello, I was clearly a champ last week. I know, ridiculous right!
What three things did you accomplish last week?