I saw this idea on Caren at Voodies site a few weeks ago, and I kind of fell in love with it. Like head over heels in love. Like I was hit hard, and I have been meaning to do it ever since. Well, today I finally got my act together and put my good intentions in motion and lo and behold, I present you with my Week In Review. Pay attention because I plan to do this on a…well, weekly, basis.
First, a little background: we all know how much I like a good list (seriously, they make me giddy), but any good List Lover will tell you, we can sometimes put a little too much pressure on ourselves to accomplish everything on said list. It’s certainly happened once or twice before to me. Shocking, since I’m normally a rock of self-control and will power (I think I just choked on that last sentence).
List lovers, true list lovers now, know that insanely glorious feeling when we cross all the items off our list. Like we are king of the world and our loyal subjects shall bow before us. The problem is as soon as one list is done, another one is born in its place because if you are a real List Lover (no posers now), you’ll pretty much have one going at all times.
So how can we take our love of listing and spin it in a positive, and perhaps less crazy way (not that I don’t enjoy a little crazy)? This is where the Week In Review comes in. It is a list, in its purest form, which encapsulates the major things I accomplished (and crossed off other lists) in the past seven days, starting with Monday and concluding on Sunday. It’s a pat on the back and an ode to myself, all in list form, of course.
Week In Review: Numero Uno
- Four Blog Posts, and one with far too much personal information about myself.
- Worked forty plus hours at my real job.
- Make two homemade soups: Beef and Noodles (for someone else) and Tomato Ginger with Tuscan Herb Croutons.
- Made Granola Peanut Butter Cups and Chocolate Covered Bananas wrapped in Walnuts (ah, yes please…I’ll take twelve)
- Did three different exercise classes: Spinning, Mixed Martial Arts, and Pilates and one at home Weight Lifting class, where my ass still hurts today. Weird, since I can’t lift weights with my buttocks. Yet.
- Cleaned the Kitchen and Dining Room, which is no easy task when you have pets, because somehow their DNA gets everywhere. In my next life, I want to come back as a cat, in my own house, because these little suckers have the life.
- Spring cleaned half of the Linen Closet and got rid of an entire trash bag of crap.
- Took down the outdoor Christmas lights and wreaths.
- Made Pumpkin Cranberry Crunch and Roasted Sweet Almonds.
- Ate Saturday breakfast out with friends and the Hubby. I had a veggie omelette and some home fries, which were only edible, after I doused them in hot sauce.
- Attended a 25th Wedding Anniversary party on Saturday night. Let me just say, I got my groove on.
- Had Sunday lunch with my BFF, where I think I volunteered to throw a baby shower at my house (shit, how did that happen).
- Did more laundry than two people have a right to generate, including but not limited to my delicates and hand wash only. I also folded and put away that same laundry.
- Finally finished my People magazine from three weeks ago. Score one for the good guys.
Now that I look back on it, in list form, I’d say that’s one hell of an impressive week. Feel free to bow before me.
What did you accomplish in the past seven days? Are you a list lover too? Tell me all about your lists, what you crossed off, and I will bow before you.