If you’re new, welcome aboard. I’m glad you decided to check out my crazy today. I hope you check it out again tomorrow too because you never know what I’m going to do next. Well unless it’s Monday because on Mondays I like to do a little thing I call my “Week In Review,” where I list (because I love lists way too much, and I’m not even kidding) all the major things I actually accomplished in the past week. It’s an ode to myself and a pat on the back with my ultra flexible limbs (go go gadget arms). I have to say, the Week in Review List is becoming one of my new favorites; which is hardly shocking, since I happen to think I’m pretty badass. You won’t get any self esteem issues here.
Before we get listing, I have to share some very exciting news, and I do mean edge of your seat, riveting news. It’s exciting for me anyway. Sorry if you were expecting something else.
My baby brother is coming to stay with me this week, and I couldn’t be happier. It’s the first time, probably since I’ve been an adult (and calling me an adult is really quite a stretch), where just the two of us have been able to spend a fair bit of time together.
Awwww, look how young and innocent. That didn’t last long.
Growing up, we were kind of inseparable, but then I went to school, moved out-of-state, ran away and joined the circus, and the rest is history. Did I also mention he might be the male version of me….a little OCD, moments of introversion, a deep found love of shoes, just a click vain and by click, I mean a whole ton, oozes charm (this one is all him), and he just so happens to be a health and fitness freak. Oh yeah, I’m also doing the Tough Mudder with him, and let me just say, his training supersedes mine. I’m still struggling with my solo pull-up, although my chin is definitely getting much closer to that bar. There’s even a second there where I almost think I’m going to make it, before I flop back to my dangling fish-like status.
This is ridiculous, right? Even the person in the background is like, “Are you kidding me?”
In any event, my baby bro is a home improvement guru. He paints, does carpentry, woodwork, floors, electrical, you name it, he does it for a living. Best of all, he’s honest and reliable. Something you rarely see in your average handyman, so if you’re in the Buffalo area and need some work done (not in a lipo kind of way), shoot me an email, and I’ll hook you up. Not this week though, because this week he’s here to get my house in tip-top shape and maybe get a workout in, Mudder style.
Onto to today’s main course: My Week In Review.
- First up is my greatest accomplishment, and one I’m really proud of (look at me being all vain again; hubris is going to get me). I set up a Clean Eats Fast Feets facebook page. I have finally joined the twenty-first century, and sweet baby jesus, please don’t let it be the end of me. I can practically picture myself getting sucked into the technology vortex, which is when hubris will come along and smack me upside the head. Technology and prayers aside, it’d rock my world if you’d do me the honors of liking my page. You can spot the little facebook icon on my home screen; the upper right hand side and all you have to do is click it and then Like it. Go ahead and click it. You know you want to. I’ll make it worth your while…although I’m not sure how. Suggestions are welcome; the funnier the better.
- I finally finished spring cleaning the hallway linen closet. I’m gonna go out a limb and guess you don’t remember, but I started this little job like three weeks ago, and I’m definitely glad it’s done, although I realize it looks very Sleeping with the Enemy-esque. It might be super structured now, but in a few weeks it’ll be a total mess again. And by total mess, I mean the towels won’t be folded perfectly and there’ll be some dental floss and bar of soap out-of-place. I can’t help myself.
- I wrote and published four blog posts, including a super special romantic edition. Yes, I did get lucky. Sorry Dad, just disregard that last statement.
- In honor of my baby brother’s visit, I scrubbed the kitchen, and I do mean scrubbed. I greased up the stainless steel so the appliances gleam, changed the towel liners in the fridge and even moved around the furniture so I could wash the floor. Before you get really impressed, we only have two chairs and a little bitty table in the kitchen, so this sounds way more impressive than it really was. Although it you really want to be impressed by my cleaning skills, who am I to dissuade you?
- I made a really romantic three course dinner for the Hubby and I on Valentine’s Day. French peasant bread, toasted and smothered in raspberry jam, along with fingerling potatoes, and the freshest of fresh scrambled eggs with finely diced green onions. If you look closely at the picture, that is most definitely an entire clove of roasted garlic piggy backing on the potatoes because nothing says, “let’s make out” more than garlic. We’re so high-brow over here; I’m not sure you can hang.
- I did a handful of fitness classes: Spinning, Mixed Martial Arts and a Bootcamp class, which pretty much focused solely on our shoulders. I could barely shrug my shoulders the next day, which works out fine for me since I’m pretty decisive, and I think shoulder shrugging is for sissies.
- I also got the guest room ready for my youngest sibling. He has his choice of sleeping on flowers or more flowers. Lucky man; I think I even gave him some floral scented lotion.
- I made a triple batch of granola and bought a ridiculous amount of fruit at the grocery store. I suspect we’re gonna go through a crapton of both this week.
- Oscar and I did a five-minute meditation. I took this photo when we were all done…obviously. By the way, I think he’s better at it than me. He could have sat there for hours, whereas I got bored and started taking pictures.
- I finally caught up on my People magazines. Two more down and only the most recent edition to go. Who knew Kelly Clarkson was in love or that Rihanna is back with Chris Brown (really, I hate to be blunt, but he beat the shit out of you). I know we’re suppose to forgive and forget, but I’m having trouble with this one.
- I restocked my wood pile, which I’m counting as a workout. You can disagree, but it’ll do you little good.
- Last but certainly not least, I spent forty-five hours at my real job.
I have to say, I impressed even myself this past week (once again forgetting about hubris). I was one hell of a productive maniac. It’s amazing what having company does for kicking things into high gear around the house. I need to invite family over more often.
By the way, I recognize today’s post is short on food. It’s coming tomorrow along with a moral and a message. Be afraid, be very afraid. Alright I confess, it’s not scary at all.
What inspires you to kick things into high gear? What did you do in the last week? Do you have a facebook page too? Will you please Like my Page. It’d mean the world to me. For reals.