Happy Monday my lovelies. I hope you had a wonderful weekend. It was beautiful here in Cleveland, even getting up to sixty-five degrees on Sunday. I saw the sun, a lot of it in fact, and it was magnificent.
You know what Monday means. Time for a brand new start to the week, a fresh beginning, if you will. It also means time for another Week In Review post, where I get to list out all the things, major and minor, I accomplished in the last seven days. If you haven’t already, you need to start doing this. It’s a huge pat on the back, which we all need from time to time. Well except maybe me, because I pat myself on the back more than most, which also might explain my cockiness (you underestimate my cockiness. Forget about sneakiness; that’s so yesterday).
The Week in Review also means I get to write in list form, which appeals to my self-diagnosed OCD, in a big way. I’m working on putting together a link up for these posts, so put on your thinking caps and get ready. One huge bonus about these little gems: you get to write them all week long. Plan ahead for the win.
Let’s get listing.
- I made some really good progress on my puzzle. You see all that black at the bottom. That’s not easy, and the entire top half is flowers of varying colors. Those won’t be easier either, but it’s also why I like this puzzle. Bring it on.
- I ate a lot of potatoes, and they were damn good. I’m thinking about doing the same thing this week too; I even stocked up on potatoes yesterday so I could be ready. I like to be prepared.
- I wrote and published four blog posts, no small feat, especially when you consider hours go into each one. Yes hours; I like to take my time and do it up right.
- I had date night with the Hubby, which included a hearty bowl of artichoke soup and a killer salad with half an avocado on top. Other things happened too, but we don’t need to go there (wink, wink).
- I did two fitness classes during the week: Spinning and Pilates. On Saturday, I went to the park and actually ran a mile, or very slowly jogged if you want to get all technical about it. I’m pumped about this because I’m not a runner, not even a little bit, but I need to train for the Tough Mudder, which translates to my feet hitting the pavement. Speaking of pavement pounding, I also went for an eight mile walk on Sunday because it was sunny and gorgeous here, and I wanted to spend every possible minute soaking up those glorious rays of vitamin D laced happiness. Sadly, I wore the wrong socks and sneaker combo and since I’m too tough to admit it, my ankles paid the price in the form of bloody blisters. Good times, and yes I’m an idiot because I was too embarrassed to tell my walking partner. I could feel this happening about three miles in, and I did nothing, but soldier on.
- I went out and celebrated a friend’s birthday on Saturday night. With the time change, it meant I was out until three in the morning, which is way, way past my bedtime, even for a weekend and translates to I need a nap in the worst way.
- I made a double batch of granola and a double batch of energy bars. I’m ready to get my healthy snack on this week.
- I vacuumed the entire first floor of our house, including the furniture but I pretty much do this every weekend. Three cats equals lots of fur and since I’m a self-professed clean freak, I can’t be having that.
- I drank crazy amounts of beet juice, and I liked it.
- I worked too many hours at my real job, but I’ve got an extra long weekend coming up, so I plan to recoup then.
Speaking of recouping, I’m going to take a bit of a bloggity (I’m sure this is a legit word; no need to check your sources on this one) break this week. I may pop in from time to time and even catch up on some of my blog reading, but I really plan to take it easy. Instead of coming home from the office and spending my evenings working on the next day’s post, I plan to spend my time puzzling. Not the meaning of life, but actually working on my puzzle. Instead of waking up at 5 a.m. to finalize and publish the current day’s blog post, I plan to sleep in and dream about sunshine, rainbows, and leprechauns. Instead of photographing my meals, I plan to eat them when they’re hot and ready. I’m taking a break, but I’ll be back soon for more hijinks and shenanigans because I’m a huge fan of both.
Also, somebody’s birthday, not naming any names (MINE, MINE, MINE) just so happens to coincide with a certain holiday on the horizon, so today is the start of someone’s birthday week, which helps justify why I’m going rogue, not that further justification was needed.
Here’s a little photographic evidence from last year’s soiree, and it’s worth mentioning this picture was taken before a single cocktail crossed my lips. What can I say? I have a little head and no that’s not the Hubby. His unveiling would be much more dramatic.
What things did you cross off your list last week? Tell me all about it. Are you down with the Week In Review link up? Do you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day? If not, you absolutely should.