I’m baaaacccckkkk!. Cue scary music or something to that effect.
I think this guy looks suspicious. Just in time for the Week in Review, where I list all the goings on in my life in the last seven days.
Now I want to share the listing fun with all of you, so put your thinking caps on and get your typing fingers ready because I’m hoping to have the Week In Review link up start next week. There’s only one rule, in that there are no rules. Just kidding, of course there are rules. Without rules, it would be totally anarchy and chaos.
The Week In Review Link Up Rules (Dun, Dun, Dun):
- Your post should be about all the things you accomplished in the last seven days. I share all my goings on starting on Monday and proceeding through Sunday, but you can pick your own date range because let’s be real, I’d have no way to know if you veered off course. Besides, veering off course can be kind of fun.
- Your post can be about food, social outings, workouts, home improvement projects, fun excursions, none of the above, or all of the above. The idea is to recognize all the things you accomplished in the past seven days. It’s an ode to yourself, a celebration of sorts, and a virtual pat on the back. Plus you get to write in list form, which rocks my socks. Although if you want to stick to prose go ahead; it’s your world.
- You’ll be able to link up starting on Monday morning, and the link up will stay open all week.
- Add the Week in Review button to your post (I’m working on this; anybody know how to create a button?) and get your list and link up on.
Week In Review
There’s no accomplishment too big or too small.
So let’s get listing them, one and all.
- I made a crapton of soup. Two weeks ago, I ate the last of my freezer stash of soups, and I have no idea why, but the idea of being soupless gave me heart palpitations. I guess I’m a soup hoarder now and in true hoarder fashion, I went a wee bit overboard making soups of all shapes and sizes. Veggie Bean Soup; Check. Tomato Basil Bisque; Check. Creamy Potato Chive Soup; Check. Creamy Parmesan Soup; Check.
- Even though I only worked a four-day work week, I still managed to put in forty hours on the jobby-job. Don’t feel too bad for me though; I took today off too.
- The Hubby and I went to see a band play. We got an invite from some friends, and while we hadn’t heard of them before, Wishbone Ash put on a good show. Think 1970’s classic rock and since my musical tastes spread far and wide, I could hang with some classic rock.
- I celebrated my birthday and St. Patrick’s Day. Did you know they have a parade in my honor, every single year and the whole city comes out to celebrate? It’s pretty fabulous.
- I managed to clean out one flower bed before the rain came, and it was exhilarating to start digging in the dirt. It means Spring is coming, and I can’t wait to spend entire days in the yard, and I don’t care if that makes me weird.
- I vacuumed the entire first floor. Three cats plus one Hubby equals vacuuming necessity.
- I did a whole lot of puzzling. Forget shuffling, every day I’m puzzling. I didn’t get a single workout in last week (bloody blisters don’t play well with sneakers) so this was my therapy instead.
Why yes, I did complete the puzzle. Thank you for noticing.
On that positive note, I think it’s time to end today’s post. It’s good to be back.
What did you accomplish in the last week? Did you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day? I’ve missed you, so tell me all about it.
Antonia @ Health Inspirations says
Happy belated birthday 🙂
I’m so glad you tried my parmesan soup, I hope you liked it!?
Unfortunately I didn’t celebrate St. Patricks Day. I had plans to invite some friends to an Irish bar here in Munich but I wasn’t in town on Friday and Saturday and then I sort of forgot all about it…oops!
It was delicious; I loved it, and I even froze a batch of it. Very easy to make too which is always a good thing. Thank you for the recipe.
Stacey Belasic says
Great you are back!! Happy birthday by the way! Glad you had a fun time celebrating and are enjoying a day off today! Cute pics! Oh and good job finishing that puzzle! Are you going to frame it or what do you do once you’re done with a puzzle? Please do not say you take it all apart and put it back in the box…….
I always take a picture or two of my puzzles and then I break it all down and stick it back in the box. Once upon a time I used to glue them and affix them to cardboard but that’s too much work and they just take up space in my attic. Thanks for the birthday wishes.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Not everyone gets a parade, but you totally deserve one! And ooo, I’m totally joining this link-up next Monday! I’m planning on completing all sorts of things this week. And by “all sorts of things,” I mean, yes, some vacuuming of my own. And I’m sure I’ll go grocery shopping at some point. These are no small things, and definitely deserve a celebration. Now where’s my “just sucked up all the dirt in the house” parade? I’ll have to throw my own…
I would join your parade, especially if we got to bring our vacuums. I can’t wait to see your Week in Review. I think this will be a list you’re totally going to love.
A vacuum parade needs to happen. Then we can put it on a list.
Oh absolutely. We should vacuum offs.
YAHOO BRACES PHOTOS!! You look GREAT with those on your mouth pearls! I was such a cool kid, that I STAYED HOME and only went to yoga yesterday..SO cool right!?! HA! I’m sure you celebrated enough for the both of us you wild woman!
It only took a drink or two to get me to smile big. I think I have finally accepted the braces. 9 months, 1 week to go.
We hoard soup too 🙂 I swear my contentment is in direct relation to the variety of soups bagged in my freezer! Making a tuscan veggie one today.
Thank god I’m not alone with my soup hoarding. It’s just so darn easy after a long day. Tuscan veggie…yum, I want some. Please. Pretty please.
Can I say I love your grill?
50% of the household here has a grill, and after my spouse takes off I will be outnumbered, and probably jealous.
Though I’ll eat my everything bagel and then won’t be jealous any more.
Good for you!
I could probably eat my everything bagel…if I cut it up into bite sized pieces and then chewed very slowly and cautiously. Or maybe not. Hangs head. 9 months, 1 week to go.
Eating 4 Balance says
Ah. I see braces photos!!
And I’ve never done a week-in-review post before, so I’ve been contemplating whether or not I will join (I’m a sucker for link-ups). I think I’ll try it out once and see how it goes, but I’m pretty positive that I’ll love it 🙂
Happy Birthday (again) and congrats on finishing that puzzle.
Thanks Madison, and I love the Facebook post on the actual big day! It brought a huge smile to my face yesterday or that could have been the beers….no it was definitely your well wishes.
I totally think you should join the fun. This is by far my new favorite list.
rebecca @ blueberry smiles says
I love puzzles and haven’t done one in way too long (i’m talkin’ years!)! So fun that you did one….and geez, it looks hard! Happy Bday! Glad you had such a fun weekend
I love puzzles and go on a bender every so often. I could get lost in them. The only problem is when I look up from the puzzle, it’s hours later. Oops. I’m sure there are worse addictions to have. 🙂
Jess @ JessieBear What Will You Wear says
Oooh, I love the idea of this link up! I’ll have to do this when I come back from vacation. Also, that’s so nice you get a parade for your birthday 😉
I know; it makes me feel so special.
Meghan that soup is still taunting me from the pic you put on a while ago! Definitely need to make it asap haha.
It was delicious. The recipe actually came from Heather at In Her Chucks. Very rich and hearty with the addition of quinoa.
Happy birthday and welcome back! I can’t wait for a week in review link up. I may have to look up that band – I love 70s classic rock!
Thanks Melissa. I’m excited to see your link up. The Week In Review is one of my favorite posts now. So rewarding.
You should look the band up; they were really good. You could tell they had been playing together for years and years so even if you didn’t like the genre of music, you could at least appreciate their skills.
luv what you do says
I love all of your party pics!
Thanks. Your St. Patty’s Day pictures were pretty good too.
Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli says
Ahh, there’s nothing so immediately satisfying as the sound of the vacuum sucking up something…am I right or am I right? 😉 I swear I get giddy every time I go near the cat box and it get’s a handful of litter in it’s path! Muahaha!
I’m so glad you’re back! I’m not too proud to admit it…I totally missed your face! Which I LOVE that I am seeing in these pictures! Rock those braces woman…rock ’em!
Hmm, what did I accomplish this past week? Well, let’s see…I officially carved a Heather’s ass shaped indention on the far right couch cushion resulting in me sinking further and further into the springs over the last couple of days. I changed the cushion today…oh, THAT’S an accomplishment! Ok, what else? Oh, oh, oh, I got a good one! I undressed, got in the shower, got OUT of the shower, and RE-dressed all by my damn self the other day! First time in a WEEK…that I did it by myself…not that I showered at all…that would just be nasty! But yeah, um…my mom and sis? They’ve seen a side of me I never thought they’d see…awkkkkkkward!
Well you changed a cushion. That’s definitely something. Unassisted showering is good, although the assisted kind ain’t bad either (and I don’t mean your mom and sis). I think you also started Physical Therapy this week, managed some grocery shopping trips, and did a round of blog posts even while being down a limb. That’s a whole lot of something, and don’t I remember you transferring a million recipes to your Recipage. I’d say despite the stir crazy, pain crazy, go out of your mind crazy you’ve been experiencing, you’ve done a damn fine job of accomplishing a whole ton of shit. Kudos to you.
Oh and by the way, I love the sound of a vacuum sucking up a ton of dirt, and I adore a clean house. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.