It’s been a hot minute since I’ve talked about lists, and since my love of lists is where the Week In Review concept stems from (and also this lovely lady), I think it’s high time we went there again. It’s pretty obvious, I’m a fan of lists, but I also have a touch of self-diagnosed OCD, and the two combined are a force to be reckoned with.
Ah, now that’s better.
Case in point: the simple, yet perfectly practical wall calendar. I love my wall calendar. It controls, or at the very least, oversees my world. If it exists on the calendar, then it’s a go. If not, you can pretty much forget about it, and now you know why being spontaneous is one of my New Year’s Resolutions. The Hubby will tell me, “I’m going out with the fellas today,” and if I question it, his response (smart man) is “It’s on the calendar.” Touché Hubby.
My calendar isn’t just about birthdays and social outings though; it also doubles as a tracking mechanism for my minutia. When I water the plants, I mark it on the calendar. When I work out, I notate it on the calendar. When I meditate, the same thing, although these marks have dwindled (Note to self: meditate more). I also track a handful of “other” things I don’t want anyone to know about, so I mark these in code. Only I really know what each half circle, weird X or capital M means, and I like it that way.
Enough about me. Let’s get listing (about all the things I accomplished in the last week…weird how it came back to me):
- I finally got on Instagram and promptly lost hours of my life. Come and find me at cleaneatsfastfeets. We can lose hours of time together.
- I went to a Girls Night Garden Party with my mother-in-law. I managed to buy one basket of flowers before moving on to food and food related products (cilantro and dishware). Funny how that played out.
- I spent five hours working in the yard on Saturday, including a heated lawn mowing content with my neighbor to see who’d finish faster. Of course I won, and to be honest, I’m pretty sure he didn’t know we were competing.
- I had a date night with the Hubby to celebrate our eighth anniversary. He bought me flowers and wrote me a dirty limerick. Mad monkey love ensued.
- I wrote and published three blog posts.
- I did hella food prep. Created but not consumed (yet) was a double batch of granola, hard-boiled eggs, and roasted veggies. I also cleaned and readied bundles of kale and spinach.
- I did three fitness classes: Spinning, Mixed Martial Arts and Bootcamp and I went for a run on Saturday, along with copious amounts of yard work.
- I worked a boatload of hours. Sadly my job was emotionally draining last week, which is one of the reasons I stepped up my workouts. Exercise helps my head more than I can say.
- I booked tickets to Belgium to see my favorite little nephew next month and maybe eat a waffle or two. He’s so darn cute; I could just eat him right up, along with a side of waffles.
- I did a Girls Day painting class where you are fed wine and cheese, and then given a paint brush, some paint and blank plates. Picasso, I am not.
- I started composting because recycling just wasn’t cutting it anymore for me, especially when I go through so much produce and the inevitable scraps which come with it. Yes, that is little Oscar in the background, along with my food photography table. He’s a fan of being green.
That about sums up my week, but I want to hear from you, so please link up your list loving and let’s get reviewing.
What did you do in the past week? Have you bought any flowers or fresh herbs yet? Do you enjoy working in the yard?
Note: I am very behind in my blog reading so if you haven’t heard from me in awhile, that’s why. Bear with me and I’ll be back to my raging comment leaving self in no time.