I have so much to share for my Week In Review post today, I’ve decided to skip an intro altogether. This has nothing to do with the fact a simple intro is alluding me at the moment either. Writers block, schmock, spock, Star Trek, Trekkie, Ewoks, cute and cuddly…where was I?
Ah, my Week In Review. Even when my words become stilted, lists still flow.
Let’s get to it.
- I worked forty plus hours at my real job. This was a really interesting week since we moved into brand new digs. The view from my new office is spectacular, and I absolutely ate lunch one day, sitting in a sun patch, on my desk, overlooking the city. A girl could get used to this.
- I only worked out once, a Mixed Martial Arts class to be exact. What can I say? I had a busy week, and I was really active so normally I wouldn’t mind the low mileage, except I’m suppose to be training for a Tough Mudder. Uh oh; I need to get on that shit.
- I went strawberry picking (insert excited squeal enunciated with flailing arms and jazz hands). I was ridiculously eager and if I’m totally honest, I was a little worried they were going to run out of strawberries before I got there. Yeah, that was a misguided concern. I came home with roughly fifteen quarts of strawberry goodness.
- I froze almost half of my newly acquired strawberries over the weekend, and I’m planning to freeze the rest this week. Also, in my grand plan to freeze everything, except the Hubby and the felines, I made and froze garlic scape pesto as well. I’m picking up a standing deep freezer tonight from someone on Craigslist, and I want you to contact the authorities should I suddenly stop blogging. I’m suspicious of people who keep deep freezers large enough to store a body, unless of course, they are strawberry obsessed.
- I had date night with the Hubby at a new restaurant downtown, Ken Stewart’s. Bread, booze and veggies galore. Life doesn’t get much better than this. For my fellow food lovers, my entrée was Farro Risotto with baby kale, corn, edamame, roasted tomatoes and topped with baby swiss chard. C’est magnifique, and I’m not even French.
- I had porch beers on Saturday night with some new friends, which is exactly what it sounds like. In keeping with my current trend, I drank strawberry beer.
- I hit up the downtown farmers market because I can’t help myself. I scored some Lemon Zest cheese, and I’m already plotting ways to use it. I also saw the mother of all zucchini’s there. I’m not gonna lie; I was a little frightened. That’s a whole lot of zucchini for one girl to handle.
- I made banana muffins multiple times. Sometimes with strawberries and sometimes without. They were all good and are already gone.
- I planted more flowers and helped the Hubby wash the cars. Feel free to picture Tawny Kitaen in White Snake’s Here I Go Again video. I’m pretty sure I looked exactly like that; maybe even hotter, except without all the hair.
Alright enough about me. It’s time to hear from all of you.
Interested in participating in the Week In Review…good, you should be.
Here’s how it works:
- Your post should be about all the things you accomplished in the last seven days or so.
- Your post can be about food, social outings, workouts, home improvement projects, fun excursions, none of the above, or all of the above. The idea is to recognize all the things you accomplished in the past seven days. It’s an ode to yourself, a celebration of sorts, and a virtual pat on the back. Plus you get to write in list form, which rocks my socks. Although if you want to stick to prose go ahead; it’s your world.
- Add the Week in Review button to your post, link back to Clean Eats, Fast Feets and get your list on.
What was your favorite part of the weekend? Have you ever been strawberry picking? Have you ever eaten faro risotto?