I have an announcement.
I’m making a change, a blog scheduling change and I need to explain why. I’m too much of a planner and (over) organizer, that I simply cannot make a switch without broadcasting it first. To do it any other way would feel wrong. You understand.
On Mondays, I publish the Week In Review, Wednesday’s blog belongs to What I Ate Wednesday and Fridays are all about my CSA for the foreseeable future. Now I love all these posts, but there’s so much more I have to give, like the weird little bits prattling about my brain; the oddities of Meghan if you will.
These need to be shared with the world, but not at the expense of my existing posts. So I’m going to be posting more; it may be Tuesday, perhaps Thursday, but it’ll be one of those two days. These extra posts are going to be short little blurbs, emphasis on the word short. Alright, stop laughing. I can do this. I can write short bits. I know it hasn’t really happened yet (hell today’s intro is a book), but there’s a first time for everything.
Long story short (too late), you’ll be hearing more from me. Get excited…or run screaming for the hills; your call really.
Since I have already waxed lyrical more than enough today, let’s get to the reason you’re here. It’s time for a little thing I call the Week In Review.
Let’s get listing.
- I froze a shiton of food, including eight and a half cups of strawberry puree in ice-cube form and twenty-nine cups of whole berries. I have concerns. How do I know if that’s enough, and when do I start eating them? I want them to last all winter, and if I start eating them now, will they make it through winter? Should I buy more strawberries to eat fresh and nosh on the frozen ones months later? Somehow it seems wrong to buy strawberries when I have a freezer full of them, yet they’re local and priced right at the moment. What do I do? I need help; in more ways than one.
- I had date weekend with the Hubby, which included a Sunday night picnic in the park with live music and a matinée showing of World War Z. I could watch Brad Pitt forever. Where was I? Ah yes, the Hubby. We spent Saturday morning kayaking. It was my first time; I am a virgin and since we’re on the subject, my shorts got totally drenched in river water, so I drove home in my underwear. It seemed like the prudent thing to do.
- I worked another forty hours on the job and wrote and published three blog posts in my spare time. I was also a maniac in the kitchen. Who’s house? My house! Say that last bit with duck face and some head sassing.
- I photographed week four of my CSA, which probably won’t be shared for another two weeks, but I’m going to give you a sneak peek, for totally selfish reasons, of course. I got collard greens. What does a vegetarian do with collards? I know I could google it, but I’d rather check with you guys first because you kinda dig food too. Help me pretty please with some collards on top.
- I went to Costco on the in-laws membership (Shhhh). There’s going to be some big lifestyle changes happening around here (more to come later….maybe in the soon to be magical and short Tuesday/Thursday posts) so I need to be a little more economical with my food purchases. Yep, I went to Costco and ending up spending a fortune. How does that work? I better not run out of tissues or toilet paper for at least a year. I guess I’m ready for the Zombie apocalypse.
- I made a double batch of granola. I always make granola but this time I used my Costco sized bag of nuts.
- I vacuumed the inside of my house and in my outdoor realm, I disposed of one dead mouse and one dead chipmunk. Alright, technically the Hubby disposed of the dead things, while I scolded the felines. My cats are animals. Literally.
- I ate ice cream four nights in a row, which is exactly why I don’t keep ice cream in the house. The last night, I licked the bowl clean. This isn’t some catchy food blogger phrase either. I actually licked the bowl clean, while the Hubby was trying to pull it out of my cold, dead hands (technically my hands aren’t dead). It’s apparent I cannot control myself around ice cream. Sweet, sweet nectar of the gods.
Vanilla ice cream, fresh mint from the garden and dairy free chocolate chips (how’s that for irony). I could stare at this picture for hours.
- I gave myself a manicure, which entailed cutting my nails back to nothing since last week’s yard work destroyed them. How in the world does dirt get through my gloves? Maybe it’s time for new gloves, except I’m economical now. Sigh.
On that note, me and my super short nails (only to be matched my tomorrow’s super short post) are going to turn it over to you.
What have you been up to? Link up and let us know.
Have you ever been kayaking? Have you seen World War Z yet? Do you even want to (um hello, Brad Pitt)? What was your weekend highlight?