♫ “We are family
I got all my sisters with me
We are family
Get up ev’rybody and sing” ♫
I’m hoping based on my title and the Sister Sledge number, you’ve got an idea where I’m going with this post.
In case it isn’t apparent though (sometimes, although this is rare, I’m not as clever as I think I am), I’ve been hanging with family for the last week or so. My brother and sister-in-law are in town from Las Vegas….cue new music… ♫ “Viva las vegas, viva las vegas.” ♫ Maybe’s today’s post should be a musical number instead; we could pretend we’re the Von Trapp family, singing for our lives or something a little less dramatic.
Singing or not, I’ve been spending a whole of together time with all my in-laws because when one comes, the rest tend to follow. It doesn’t hurt there was a holiday in the mix either, which means the last seven days have been a solid conglomeration of family activities and wine. Despite the slow sobs emanating from my liver, I’ve had a great time hanging with all my in-laws, so much so I want to recap our comings and goings for all of you….in list form because well, lists make me happy.
Let’s get listing:
- I ate lunch out, twice. The second time I had an amazing veggie quesadilla topped with crème fraîche. Anything topped with crème fraîche is a winner in my book.
- I snacked my way through picnic dinners three nights in a row. It’s a rough job, but somebody’s gotta do it. Here’s plate one of I don’t even know how many.
- I had an impromptu fourth of July gathering at my house, after the fireworks were over. My spontaneous party lasted until 1:30 in the morning, which made working Friday really tough. It also made typing Friday’s CSA post even tougher. You know how I feel about my CSA though, so skipping it wasn’t an option. ♫” I did it all for the nookie.” ♫ Oops, I mean ♫ “I did it all for the veggies.” ♫ I’d do it for the nookie too. 😉
- On Friday night, I went to Blossom Music Festival and listened to the Cleveland Orchestra play, while snacking on one of our said picnic dinners. Picnics for dinner rock. So does live music.
- I went to another family fourth of July party on Saturday; this time a scheduled event. I brought a ginormous salad, which will be revealed in my next CSA post, so you’ll just have to come back on Friday to see it. I’ll try and make it worth your while.
- I visited Norwalk, Ohio to see my uncle-in-law get named as pastor of a church. I’m not gonna lie; it’s been awhile since I’ve been to a traditional Catholic mass (Shh, don’t tell) and I didn’t realize they changed all the responses. I was totally busted.
- My sister-in-law wanted to learn how to make a flaky pie crust, so I taught her.
- I watched Django Unchained; absolutely not family appropriate but fabulous and ridiculously funny nonetheless. A true Tarantino through and through.
- I chopped off all my hair (again) and went blonde (again).
- Last but certainly not least, I took my introverted ass (not to be confused with my no-ass) and spent Sunday afternoon curled up in my own little corner, soaking up the silence whilst freezing blueberries. Freezing food makes me happy. Freezing blueberries makes me ridiculously happy.
Before I turn things over to all of you, I have to give a special shout out to my sister-in-law, a regular reader, for “getting” me. Without saying anything, she knows just when to step in and how to handle things and also when to back away and let my neurosis take over, which is no easy task when dealing with a self-diagnosed OCD, list lover. What can I say? I’m a ball of controlled fun. Plus, I make pie.
Enough about me; let’s hear from you. Link up and get your list on.
What have you been up to in the last seven days or so? Did you do anything exciting for the fourth of July?