It’s amazing to me how quickly this summer is going, but that’s always the way with summer. It flies by in a blur of activities, family events, vacations, barbecues, picnics, and lord knows what else, but it happens.
I, of course, am still searching for the ever elusive extra hour (or three) in a day. If I find it, without sacrificing sleep or “me” time, since “me” time is of paramount importance, I’ll let you know. I’d also wind up being a millionaire with an invention like that. So far, no dice, but I’m going to keep on rolling.
Since I’m significantly more social in the summer (very much akin to a butterfly), I get behind on my normal day-to-day stuff: blog reading, cleaning, mail sorting, bill paying (oops, at least the power is still on), laundering, recipe sorting, recipe publishing, emailing and any other verb you can think of which ends in ‘ing.’ That’s where the Week In Review comes into play.
It’s a reminder of all the things I did accomplish, a virtual pat on the back. It allows me to realize I’m still pretty impressive; as if I would have forgotten that. Plus, I get to write in list form, and that always makes me feel better or more in control, which is kind of the same thing for a control freak.
Let’s get listing.
- I did a few hours of yard work and even mowed the lawn while rocking out, or should I say rapping out. Nothing like a little old school Rappers Delight to get you going. ♫”Hip hop, Hippie to the hippie, The hip, hip a hop, and you don’t stop, a rock it. To the bang bang boogie, say, up jump the boogie, To the rhythm of the boogie, the beat.” ♫ I’m pretty sure I just aged myself; shockingly, I’m good with that.
- I wrote and published three blog posts and had a photo shoot with my CSA veggies. My produce is dead sexy.
- I got jiggy with my peaches, and I do mean jiggy. I made smoothies, muffins, peach crisp and even froze a few pounds. Blanching and peeling peaches is no joke, and if anyone tells you its easy, they’re full of “it” or else I did it really wrong. Since it was my first go around, there’s a very small, miniscule even, chance the fault lies with me….nah, scratch that.
- I worked another forty plus hours on the jobby-job, although I did take a break on Friday to hit up the farmers market. I love these guys, although I think the cheese guy is starting to hit on me. I’m pretty sure we’re one visit away from him asking me on a date. This is a big problem. He’s my cheese guy; I can’t sever ties with him for obvious reasons (you’d understand if you tried his Feta). Still I need to gently break to him I’m a kept woman and mad monkey love is reserved for only one man.
- I made yet another batch of Tomato Pesto and a coma-inducing Hot Pepper and Onion Tomato Sauce. Both got added to my deep freezer. Yes, yes my supplies are growing, and why this makes me feel all crafty, in a wicked witch type way, I have no idea.
- I ate fried eggs and Parmesan Roasted Red Skinned Potatoes for dinner twice last week. Cereal was also on the menu. #noshameinmygame
- I took three cats to the vet on Saturday morning and managed to escape the entire ordeal with only one flesh wound. Quite frankly, I’m lucky to be alive although if I suddenly stop blogging, its because the felines hatched a plan and took me down in the middle of the night. It could happen, I’m a heavy sleeper.
- I plundered my pot garden. As you can see, it’s exploding with produce right now, and if by exploding, I mean two baby blush tomatoes and one five Chinese pepper, then yes it’s full-fledged Armageddon here.
- I had friends over for dinner on Friday night, and it involved eggplant chips, stuffed hot peppers, green beans and a veggie burger for me; cow burgers for them. More to come on that meal in a future CSA post.
When I look back on my weekly shenanigans, it’s no wonder I’m behind in the rest of my regular life. I’ve been busy, and despite the length of my ongoing lists, I am getting stuff knocked out. Speaking of knockouts, I want to hear from all of you.
Interested in participating in the Week In Review…good, you should be.
Here’s how it works:
- Your post should be about all the things you accomplished in the last seven days or so.
- Your post can be about food, social outings, workouts, home improvement projects, fun excursions, none of the above, or all of the above. The idea is to recognize all the things you accomplished in the past seven days. It’s an ode to yourself, a celebration of sorts, and a virtual pat on the back. Plus you get to write in list form, which rocks my socks. Although if you want to stick to prose go ahead; it’s your world.
- Add the Week in Review button to your post, link back to Clean Eats, Fast Feets and get your list on.
- Or you can be like me and make up own your rules. If you can justify it, I’ll accept it. How’s that for lenient
What did you accomplish last week? How are you more social in the summer?