Let me start by saying this was a crazy good weekend.
Gelato was involved. Need I say more?
Probably not, but if you know me at all, you know I’m going to because I’m horrible at keeping things to a minimum. In fact, I’m the opposite of brief.
Despite my standard non-brevity clause, which I’m pretty sure is inked into my contract in blood, I’m afraid I’m not going into my standard Week in Review level of detail today. Sure bills got paid, laundry was done, floors were washed, family visits went down and I even geared up for a houseguest, who arrived yesterday and will be staying pretty much all of April. Yep, that’s a visit of magnitude right there folks.
As much as I’d like to give you all the deets, and believe you me I would (self-congratulatory posts are my thing; they help stroke my already inflamed ego), I’ve been a bit too busy. I don’t want to leave you totally hanging though, so instead I’m going to share the first seven happy days in my #100happydays. It’s all the rage on Instagram these days and far be it from me to stay off the bandwagon.
Basically it’s exactly what it sounds like; you post one picture each day of something which makes you happy, and you continue the trend until you reach one hundred happy days, at which point you will be swallowed up by the happy gods and tossed into their heavens of feather beds, healthy kitties, and dancing unicorns. I can hardly wait.
Let’s get listing:
- Day One: Morning Sunrise: this one shockingly speaks for itself.
- Day Two: Samantha, my sweet and shy feline, spends her mornings sleeping on my microwave. It makes me batty in a strictly hygienic OCD way. I disinfect it often.
- Day Three: Kale smoothies. Since buying a pound and a half of kale at Costco, I’ve been downing it like it’s going out of style. I’ve also starting making ice cubes for future smoothies because that’s a lot of kale.
- Day Four: Snack plates abound. Snack plates make me ridiculously happy so I packed some for lunch last week. In clockwise order (as if there were any other kind), we have hummus, clementines, raspberries, sliced bell peppers, cheese (Smoked Cheddar, Asiago and Gouda), wheat crackers and carrots and celery. Toss in two more clementines and this was lunch last Thursday and Friday.
- Day Five: Bob Marley. I wasn’t puffing on ganga at 7:44 a.m. and yet I knew Every Little Thing is Gonna Be Alright.
- Day Six: I went farmers marketing, and I bought… breakfast. It wasn’t intentional by any means, especially since these items were all purchased at different stands, but it certainly was delicious. On Saturday, I had an omelet with sautéed onions, pepper jack cheese and microgreens with two slices of English Muffin bread. I guarantee they serve this breakfast in the happy gods heaven.
- Day Seven: the Hubby and me holding hands over an incredible dirty rug. I have two things to say about this picture. One, this is totally staged. We don’t typical hold hands while sitting at the dining room table, but I wanted to include the Hubby in my #100happydays and two, this rug was vacuumed less than forty-eight hours before this photo was taken, which means Spring is definitely coming because the cats are shedding like maniacs.
Oh, there was one another thing which went down last week that I should probably mention. I finally got a Twitter account, coercion was involved and yeah, I have no idea what I’m doing, so tweet at me, or whatever it is the kids say these days.
Enough about me. Let’s hear from you.
Interested in participating in the Week In Review?
The Week In Review is a list, in its purest form, not of the things you still need to do, but of all the things you have done in the past seven days. It’s an achievement list and one with the sole purpose of bringing pleasure. Want in? Grab the Week in Review button for your post, link back to Clean Eats, Fast Feets and get your list on. For more details, click here.
Link up and get your list on.
Have you jumped on the #100HappyDays bandwagon yet? If not, you should think about doing it. What pictures would you share to show your happy days?
Want to see the rest of my happy days? Follow me on Instagram and all will be revealed.