I never thought I’d be the soul baring type.
In fact, I come from a generation of people who prefer to sweep it under the carpet and never speak of it again, and this goes for any type of news: good, bad or indifferent. We actually have a running joke in my family, a phrase really, which we use when confronted with our lack of detailed information. It goes something like this.
My Stepmom: “Paul, how come you didn’t tell me you won an award at work this week?
My Dad: “You didn’t ask.”
My Mom: “Meghan, how come you didn’t tell me you got into a huge brawl after school today, where weaves were strewn across the parking lot like tumbleweeds.”
Me: “You didn’t ask.”
Obviously, this was before I became all about peace, love and bananas, and technically, I did reveal my afterschool antics. Mainly because I got suspended for two days. I also learned at a young age if they’re going to find out anyway, it’s best to come clean immediately.
For the most part though, mums the word. So why do I feel compelled to tell you all things, even when you didn’t ask? I can’t really explain it, other than to say blogging has clearly done a number on me.
Without further ado, these are my recent confessions, Out Loud.
- I confess to having a workaholic trapped inside me. 25 hours of work in two days isn’t ideal. I need to tame that beast. Cracks whip.
- I confess to drinking smoothies for dinner on multiple occasions in the past seven days. Late nights coupled with the summer sun steer me towards cool, refreshing and drinkable dinners.
- I confess to being dramatically behind in my CSA as a result of my sippable meals. When I put last Thursday’s share away, my crisper was close to exploding and I had to stash kale in the cheese drawer. For shame.
- I confess to pitching an entire head of lettuce. It was heartbreaking.
- I confess to making up for my neglectful ways.
- I confess to using my iPhone for all my pictures. Since last Fall. Including my recipes. Don’t tell Food Gawker. It’s no wonder they keep rejecting my non-ass ass.
- I confess to being woefully behind in my garden.
- I confess to paddle boating in a skirt and giving everyone a free show.
- I also confess to having the whitest of thighs.
- I confess to taking a bazillion car selfies on Saturday. I blame the caffeine.
- I confess to craving this sandwich more than is appropriate. Blackberry Peach Grilled Goat Cheese.
- I confess to being unmotivated when it comes to writing, which is why I’ve decided to take the next few weeks off.
What are your confessions of late? Do tell.