It’s time for my sixth Week In Review post, and I’m feeling musical today so I’m going to share. Plus, I always like to start my week with some good mojo. You can thank me for the impromptu dance party later.
Today’s post is all about “Out with the old; in with the new.” Alright that’s not totally accurate; it’s only partially about that, but I thought it sounded catchy so I’m going to try to make it work, Tim Gunn style.
Out with my raggedy old lists of Things To Do and in with my bright, new, and shiny list of Things I’ve Achieved in the past week. Hooray! Do you know the real reason I love new things? Because they’re super clean. Sometimes if things are really dirty, I just want to throw them out and buy new. Thank god for the Hubby and his logical ways and his willingness to get his hands dirty.
Back to my newish (she’s only six weeks old and already growing up so fast) Week in Review, where we list out all the major things we crossed off a minor list, in the past seven days. If you love lists even half as much as me, you really need to give this concept a whirl. It’s completely invigorating or maybe that’s the extra cup of coffee I had today. Whatever the reason, just do it. Same goes for my Facebook page. Would you hurry up and like it already so I can stop asking? It’ll be easier for all involved.
Let’s get listing, you sexy thing. 😉
- Do you remember my beautiful Broccoli Cheddar Quiche from weeks gone by? If not, you totally should, and I feel slighted you don’t, although maybe that’s the extra cup of coffee talking again. My Quiche: I made it again last week, and this time it was enjoyed by both the Hubby and my baby brother. They unanimously gave it their official seal of approval, which isn’t too hard when there’s only two people involved, but I know they weren’t fibbing either because there wasn’t a morsel left. I’ll be sharing the recipe sometime this week, and I’m not going to tell you when because I’m a naughty tease or really because I haven’t typed it up yet, but the former sounds so much more exciting.
- Seeing as we tore through last week’s triple batch of granola (yep, you read that correctly; no shame in my game) I made a double batch so I’d have something for breakfast this week. Can’t go getting all “hangry” now, especially not the last week of the month when my job might as well be Work on Roids. At least, I’m honest about it. Oh wait, Lance finally confessed too, so it’s all good now.
- I did two fitness classes: Mixed Martial Arts and Yoga. I also went for an unexpected bike ride on Saturday when my car wouldn’t start, and I had a hair appointment on the agenda. I was close to full on shaggy dog status, so a bum battery certainly wasn’t derailing me. I jumped on my bike, wicked witch of the west style, and high tailed it to my hair dresser’s house. It was worth it. Old with the old; in with the new.
- In light of my baby brother being in town, I did my best to barely go into the office this week and seeing as I put in just shy of twenty hours, I’d say I was successful.
- I made my first ever batch of bean burgers, and they weren’t too bad. A touch on the dry side, but I can work with that, especially when it comes in the form of yolk porn, sautéed onions, and Asiago cheese.
- I crossed a bazillion items off the “Shit To Fix In The House” list. My brother actually did all the work, but I’m the one who physically crossed things off the list (seems fair to me), and it feels amazing. Seriously, I went from twelve major home improvement items to two. While my brother did all the heavy lifting, including repairing and repainting multiple ceilings, I took advantage of having the dining room chandelier down and cleaned the hell out of that thing. It was a son of a bitch and half of it fell apart in the process, but unlike Humpty Dumpty, I was able to put it all back together again. Now it’s pretty and sparkly, which makes me feel all fancy. Do I lose points if I have to point it out? Out with old; in with the new, and I didn’t even have to throw it out to do it. Bonus points.
- The Hubby and I joined forces to install our new fireplace façade. Remember that horrible brass. Alright maybe you don’t, but I have nightmares about that thing. It was a total travesty and now it’s trash. Out with the old; in with the new. Even Oscar approves, and you can bet your sweet glutes I spent hours relaxing in front of this thing this weekend. Real fires equal pure bliss.
- I made this lovely lady’s Apple Berry Crisp, and in typical me fashion, I bastardized her recipe and put brown sugar and walnuts on top. It was good.
- I did the normal run a vacuum through the entire first floor. When you have major home repairs done and own three cats, this is a necessity and also one of the reasons I love my vacuum. Don’t judge me; alright go ahead. It’s not like I can actually stop you.
Well that’s all I have to share this week, and this post is starting to get way too lengthy so I’m afraid I’m going to have to wrap it up. Until next time, my dear friends. Same bat time, same bat channel.
What did you accomplish this past week? Make anything exciting? Have you ever cleaned a chandelier before, and do you know what a son of a bitch it is?