Happy Monday my lovelies. You know why Monday’s make me happy? Because I get to do my Week In Review list, where I celebrate all the major and minor things I accomplished in the past seven days. I think marking your progress and patting yourself on the back is a damn fine thing to do. I’ve actually been tossing around the idea of making this a link up party, so let me know what you think and if you’d be at all interested. I’d probably leave it open for a few days so you wouldn’t miss your other link up parties. Think about it, m’kay.
Before we get right to it, I’ve got to get something off my chest. For me, last week really sucked. I hate to be blunt about it, but then again I’m pretty blunt. I was funky and not in a dance party kind of way. It was way too stressful and hectic at work. I didn’t make it to the gym once, which did wonders for my mental health. Not. My monthly “friend” came to town (hello hormones), and I got a mouthful of metal on Monday, making eating extremely painful and difficult, which led to a whole lot of hangry Meghan and let me just tell you, Hangry Meghan ain’t pretty. The Hubby can vouch for me here, not that he would, because he’s a smart man and he values his life.
Truth be told, I’d had enough and just when I thought I couldn’t take anymore, Thursday night I rammed my head into a wall (I need to start paying better attention to my surroundings) hard enough to actually knock myself down. While I was on the floor in a very ungraceful heap, and the Hubby was rushing to find out what the commotion was (my head + the wall = loud noise), I completely and totally lost it. I started sobbing like a two-year old girl. In fact, I would have given any two-year old a run for their money.
I spent the next hour or so with a bag of frozen peas strapped to my head, and I don’t even like peas. The bright side is once I let it all out, I felt a smidgen better. The next day I went to the farmers market, where they actually had produce (imagine that), and it made me so happy, so I guess you know what’s coming this Friday. The moral of the story though is fresh, local veggies and a good wailing cry can brighten your day. At least this girl’s day.
Aside from my tantrum, you know what else really lifted my spirits last week? Each and every one of you and your super supportive comments. You said exactly what I needed to hear. Seriously, I can’t thank you enough. It really, really helped and for that, I love you just a little bit more, which I didn’t think was even possible.
Enough mushy stuff, let’s get listing.
- I wrote and published four blog posts, of which two were my own recipes. I also submitted those same recipes to Food Gawkers. They were my very first submissions so cross your fingers for me. No matter what happens, I’m extremely proud because they were good eats. I said it before and I’ll say it again, healthy doesn’t equal boring, and I’ll take on anyone who disagrees.
- I made Kirsten’s Orange Cherry Oatmeal muffins using cranberries instead of cherries because that’s what I had on hand, and they were freakin’ delicious. She mentions they freeze well, which is pretty much a joke because there’s no way these guys are lasting that long. I downed two immediately, while the Hubby wolfed down three.
Even Max got in on the fun. I ran upstairs for two minutes to grab something and temporarily forgot about the muffins cooling on the counter. Of course Max did not, and he managed to snag and scarf down almost an entire muffin before I made it back downstairs. He eats faster than anyone I know, and he got real territorial when I tried to take his scraps away. Apparently somebody else in this house gets hangry too.
- I worked far too many hours at the office, and they were extremely stressful hours at that. But I made it through, and this week is sure to be better. My head is up, my chin is high, although I am on the lookout for moving walls.
- I had a huge dance party on Saturday. Major accomplishments in the kitchen, great food and drink, and a little music makes for a lovely day. A bazillion comments from this girl doesn’t hurt either.
- I made pizza for dinner on Saturday and I covered it in artichokes, red onions, feta and mozzarella cheese. Damn, do I love pizza. Ignore the Hubby’s meat filled pie in the background. He had a little chicken, bell pepper, blue cheese and hot sauce action going on. What a show off. Pfft.
- I started a puzzle, and I really dig puzzles. Almost as much as I love lists… almost. I think this is going to be a tough one, and we all know how I feel about a good challenge. “Bring it on,” she says, while thumping chest wildly.
- I did my finances, paid all the bills, and reconciled every single checkbook, savings account, and health spending statement. I almost did our taxes, but then I lost motivation. Maybe next weekend.
- I registered for the Tough Mudder, even though it meant signing this form. I realize this is crazy, but it’s also why I kind of want to do it. What can I say? I am a little crazy.
- My absolute favorite thing though took place on Saturday and Sunday. Both mornings, instead of jumping out of bed and tackling the day head on, I burrowed deeper underneath the covers with my book and finally got some reading done. It was pure bliss.
It wasn’t my most impressive week, and that’s ok. I worked way too much, and then spent the better part of the weekend relaxing and trying to regain my mojo. That’s life; sometimes it’s what happens and how the cookie crumbles, and now I want cookies.
What did you do last week? Tell me about it. How do you handle rough weeks? Would you be down with a Week In Review link up party?