Ladies and gentlemen (any men out there?), I’m going to be honest with you because I always am, sometimes even to a fault. Last week was a rough one for me. While I really do love my job, it’s always a little too hectic at the end of the month and every time I think I’ve set myself up for smooth sailing on clear blue waters, life just throws some inane freak occurrence my way, which seems to bitch slap me in the most effective and cruel way possible. That happened at the end of January, it happened again last week, and February just plain old sucks because there are fewer days in the month to accomplish the same amount of work.
Verbal pity party over, I want to start this week off on the right foot, and what better way than with some music and a lovely little list I like to call the Week In Review.
By the way, the head of my company sent me this soundtrack after some particularly good news. See, my job does have its perks. Try to listen to this without bee-bopping along, and yes, bee-bopping is the technical term.
From anyone unfamiliar with the Week In Review, where the hell have you been? I mean seriously, you need to get on this train stat. It’s where us list lovers band together and reflect back, or list out, all the things we managed to accomplish in the past seven days because ♫ we’re sexy, and we know it. Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle. ♫ Oh sorry, I lost focus.
Want more info? Click here, and in the meantime get your tookus on over here and join the party. It’s bound to be a blast. In any case, there’s music, and we’re gonna have a good day.
Alright, let me get listing, so you can get linking (up, that is):
- It’s not my favorite item, but it’s the one which took the majority of my time this past week: work. I worked one hundred million hours. It’s possible this is a slight exaggeration.
- Food Prep: I hard-boiled some eggs, made scalloped potatoes, and a double batch of granola; this time with pistachio nuts, almond extract, and cranberries. I can’t wait to tear into that bad boy this week.
- I wrote and published four blog posts.
- I read a lot of blogs. I’m not sure about the rest of you, but I spend hours, in the very plural sense of the word, reading blogs every week, which means it gets its own bullet point today. How do you like dem apples?
- I endured this weather on Monday.
- Only to be rewarded with some beautiful weather this weekend (sunny and fifty and yes I am desperate enough to think fifty degrees is beautiful).
- On Saturday and Sunday, I did some digging in the dirt, which I love doing this time of year. Ask me again in the summer when it’s ninety degrees and I’ve been doing it for ten straight weeks, and my answer might be a tad bit different, but not this time of year. Right now, it’s rewarding and hopeful, especially when I have these gals running amok in my flower beds, waiting to greet me. Hi, my little pretties.
- I did a Spinning class and some running this week. I’m not a runner, not even a little bit. In fact, I’m pretty sure my doctor’s orders are don’t run, but when has that ever stopped me before? Hell, it makes me want to do it even more (reverse psychology doesn’t work on me at all), and I’ve got a Tough Mudder to train for. On Thursday, I jogged a mile and half on a treadmill, and then I did another two miles in the park on Saturday and again on Sunday, with the Hubby. Yes, we did it in the park (wink, wink). Aside from the slightly troubling knee pain, which is getting better or more manageable, I am really starting to dig this running thing. Don’t tell anyone though, especially not my doctor. I’m sure he has no idea what he’s talking about, and obviously I’m far more qualified to make an assessment.
- I very gracefully accepted this gift from the “Easter Bunny,” and by gracefully I mean I jumped up and down and ran squealing around the house before I face planted into it. Thanks mysterious Mr. Bunny. You are welcome at my house anytime. Feel free to bring your friends.
- I relaxed a lot this weekend. The Hubby was busy on Sunday so we skipped the annual Easter festivities, and while I truly missed seeing family, I took advantage of the opportunity to unwind. One thing I have gleaned over the years is you have to give yourself some time to chill, especially you type A personalities (not that I would know anything about those (scoff, scoff). Take it from me. I am older, therefore I am way wiser, although certainly not more mature.
That’s it from little old me, but I want to hear from you. Link up and let me know what you did in the last seven days. Bonus points for those who put it in list form. If you use an excel spreadsheet or a fancy chart, I just may have to propose. Hey, you could do worse. I’m a decent cook, I like long walks on the beach, doing “things” in the park, baking and kitchen dance parties. I’m also slightly obsessed with Game of Thrones.
What did you accomplish in the last seven days? Do you ever schedule some unwind or relax time for yourself?