Do you know what time it is?
I said, “Do You. Know. What Time. It. Is.”
That’s right. It’s time for our Week In Review link up party. Are you totally pumped up now? No, how about this?
Did that help? Still no, well then I can’t help you; you are beyond my skills and apparently even Nicki Minaj’s skills, although based on her stint on American Idol that might not be too hard to do. I know what you’re all wondering, what does Nicki Minaj have to do with the Week in Review, and the answer is nothing. Now that we’ve cleared that up, let’s get listing.
For anyone not familiar with the Week In Review, it’s a happy self-congratulatory post where we recap the things, big and small, we accomplished in the last seven days. If you’re anything like me, a list lover, or even just a tad neurotic, you know your lists of Things To Do can seem a little daunting and endless at times. So why not take a moment to stop and celebrate the things you actually knocked out along the way. Seems pretty badass to me, and on that note, here’s some of what I managed to do in the last week.
- I wrote and published four blog posts, including one which was part of a campaign for Food Bloggers Against Hunger. Despite excessive cursing, I’m extra proud of that little ditty. Also in the same post, I published my Rice and Bean Bowl recipe, and a fellow reader turned around and made her own version and then sent me a picture. Thanks Stacey.
- I caught up on my zzz’s, including an almost 12 hour snooze fest on Friday night. It’s entirely plausible I passed out on the couch before 8 p.m. and because he didn’t want me to be lonely, Oscar, my littlest kitty, settled in and slept on my back. What a champ.
- I did three fitness classes: Mixed Martial Arts, Spinning, Boot Camp and went for a little run on Sunday. It turns out I’m not done with spinning after all. I just needed a new instructor to mix it up. I left Wednesday’s spinning class sweaty and satiated, just how I like it (and by it, I do mean It). Speaking of It, the Hubby tried to convince me to go for Round Two yesterday because I “owed it to my readers” talking about mad monkey love all the time. He’s a crafty one; I’ll give him that, and I will also plead the fifth on whether it worked or not.
- I handled my finances and paid the bills, which is an important part of being an adult. Therefore, I am frickin mature. It’s a dirty job, but somebody’s gotta do it.
- I stole the Hubby’s sweatshirt and wore it all week because I felt like Emperor Palpatine from Star Wars in it. Why this amuses me, I have no idea and I may no longer be considered mature.
- I putzed in the yard on Sunday and managed to put a small dent in cleaning out the front flower beds.
- I made vegan lemon bars out of coconut oil. I went with pistachio nuts instead of walnuts in the crust because that’s what I had handy. Also a lemon was involved, but I figured that part would be obvious. The Hubby loved them, my coworkers loved them, and I’m still grappling with the texture of raw coconut oil, although the flavor was absolutely amazing, and texturally they were smooth and silky. I think I’ll have to make them again just to see what’s up. That’s my story, and I’m sticking to it.
And on that flavor note, it’s time to wrap things up. At least My Things because now I want to hear from you. Link up and let me know what the Haps is and what you crossed off your lists these last seven days. Go ahead, make my day.
What did you do this weekend? Have you started working in the yard yet? Did you make anything exciting? Have you eaten raw coconut oil before?