I am so frickin excited it’s Friday. By the way, Urban Dictionary defines frickin as “an alternative for those of us too classy to use the word “Fucking,” which is perfect for me because even though I like to curse, I’m still super classy, especially when bananas are involved.
Back to it being Friday, I worked thirteen hours again yesterday, so I’m extra glad the end of the week is in sight, and I can go back to focusing on important things like getting the required eight hours of sleep and eating fabulous food. Perhaps if I play my cards right, I can even sneak out of the office early today. Fingers crossed, although my sneaky ninja skills feel strong today, so we may not need those superstitious phalanges.
Since it is Friday, and I’ve got nothing prepared (oops), no Strange But Good, no Farmer’s Market finds, I thought I’d share a survey instead. They’re quick, easy and right up my alley, in a banana eating kind of way.
Before I get there though, I have to mention my Week In Review link up party going down on Monday. Yes, this coming Monday, so don’t be shy. Feel free to do multiple link ups at the same time; it’ll be like a ménage a trois. Now the real reason I’m plugging this is I had pretty dismal attendance at my last link up party, aside from Jessie Bear and Alex, who rocked out with their link ups out. I could weep buckets of salty tears over this or throw in the towel, but I’m not ready to do either one yet. So I’m going to give it another shot and see what happens. Be there or be square. Pretty please with an organic, GMO free and locally sourced cherry on top.
First Thing Survey
- First thing you do when you wake up in the morning. I brush my teeth and then I head downstairs to feed my three cats, who by now are raging maniacs. Meal time is an event in our house, more like a three-ring circus. Max, my OCD cat, does laps around the kitchen island, while I get his food ready. Oscar, the newest addition to the family, taunts Max who is most definitely not amused. Sam, my only girl, graciously waits in the other room while all this madness takes place. Here’s a short video, albeit one of the tamer ones, and I have no idea how to post a video, so I hope this works.
- First thing you reach for when you open the fridge. Almond milk to add to my morning cup of coffee, which takes place as soon I’ve got the felines fed.
- First thing you do when you get to the gym. Since I go to the gym on my lunch hour, the first thing I do when I get there is change out of my fancy pants suit and into my grubby workout gear. Then I head to whatever fitness class is going down that day.
- First thing you do when you get home from work. This is the same as the morning: I feed the cats. When I get home, I do not pass go, I do not collect $200, but I definitely feed my felines, who once again are behaving like raging maniacs.
- First car. The Hubby actually bought me my first used car. It was fast, black and flawed, and we of course bought it in “as is” condition. The first night I officially owned it, it peed gas all over the driveway.
- First car accident / traffic violation. My first traffic violation was for a blown tail light, but my very first accident was traumatic. While exiting a parking lot, I tapped (no joke) the car in front of me. I’m talking maybe five miles an hour and some bumper on bumper action, but the other driver who was an older gentleman freaked out and started yelling at me, threatening a lawsuit and complaining of fraudulent injuries. I couldn’t have been more than twenty years old, and I was petrified. My insurance company ended up paying for this miserly man to go to the doctor and two auto repair shops in order to prove he and his car were completely fine. Needless to say, it wasn’t my favorite experience. Moral of the story. Accidents happen; don’t be a douche about them.
- First thing you wanted to be when you grew up. Growing up I wanted to be an archeologist, but then I found out it was a dirty job (literally), my nails would suffer tremendously, and who knows where I would sleep while on location, so I gave up the dream.
- First beverage of choice. Despite my champagne loving ways, my first beverage of choice will always be water. If I’m feeling frisky, I’ll throw in some lemon slices, cucumber or get crazy with my Aqua Zinger.
- First choice breakfast. Something, anything with eggs. An omelette, huevos, fried, scrambled; it doesn’t matter, I love me some eggs.
- First choice dessert. Anything with fruit really: an apple pie, a fruit tart, lemon squares. The fruitier, the better.
- First major purchase. My first major purchase was with the Hubby. We decided to throw caution to the wind and bought our first house together one year after graduating from college. We were still unwed and therefore living in sin, according to our parents who were extremely supportive nonetheless. We figured we might as well get some equity for our sinful ways.
- First job. My first tax paying job was working for Brand Names, a catalogue retail store. I took people’s orders, gave them their products, and rang them out. I collected a check every week, and I was seventeen, so it worked.
- First time you flew on a plane. I don’t remember traveling on a plane at all when we were kids. If we went somewhere, it was always close enough to drive. As an adult, my first plane ride was in college on spring break, where I went to Jamaica with my girlfriends. Talk about trouble and one of my favorite vacations. This is not my picture, but oh how I wish I was there.
And that my friends is the First Things First survey. I hope to see you all on Monday for the Week In Review link up. For more info on how and why you should participate, click here. In the meantime, Happy Friday.
Now I want to hear from you. Tell me some of your firsts. Answer any of the survey questions above.