The weekend is over.
The work week has begun.
Instead of focusing on those rather dismal facts, I’m going to recap all the shenanigans that went down in my world last week, and I’m going to do it in list form.
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the Week In Review: The Fourteenth Edition.
Since I am so selfless (just keep moving), I want to share all the fun with you, so link up your accomplishments big and small, or the ones that were boring or not at all. It’s your world, it’s your post. Just link it up, and I’ll dig you the most. For more linky details, click here.
Let’s get listing:
- I went on a food binge, particularly those that start with the letter A. Artichokes, asparagus, yes please. I stuffed some ‘chokes inside pizza dough and called it a day, or really dinner.
I made asparagus saucy with a red wine vinaigrette, some nutty Asiago cheese (also an A word, plus I get to say nutty) and a hard-boiled egg. Perfection, minus the small fact my picture is off-center. Oops. No matter, this tasted divine.
- I wrote and published three blog posts.
- I worked my way through two fitness classes: Mixed Martial Arts and Boot Camp. It was a slow exercise week, but I did get new sneakers, which more than makes up for it. Yes, my new sneakers are pretty and pink. You can be jealous now.
- I bought a lot of oats. A bag bigger than my head in fact, because that’s totally normal. I used them to make granola and Acorn Squash Blackberry Oat Muffins, and the Hubby made himself a batch of energy bars (confession: I stole a couple. Alright, dammit, I stole a whole row).
- I officially ordered my summer CSA, which starts in June, and I cannot wait. I ended up going with the single share, the same as last year, which “provides enough produce for two to three people to have several servings throughout the week.” Truth time: I had to work my ass off to be able to use up all the produce, and I loved every challenging second of it. Well almost every second. There were a couple of times I was thwarted by peppers and bushels of greens. In the meantime, I am living off my farmer’s market finds, and if you’ve liked my Facebook page, this picture is old news.
- I hosted a girls night on Saturday which means I cleaned the house and while I didn’t actually cook anything, I did a lot of chopping, with the Hubby’s help. Special favors might have been granted to enlist his services. My negotiation skills are strong or perhaps I just flashed him a boob. Sometimes being a woman is awesome.
- I worked forty hours at the jobby-job.
- I made Heather’s phenomenal blueberry coconut almond sauce so I could participate in Better With Veggies Meatless Monday party, which means today’s post is a link up within a link up. How’s that for slick?
Not only is Heather’s blueberry sauce absolutely amazing, it happens to go really well with grilled cheese, especially the kind that involves brie, toasted walnuts and cinnamon raisin bread. Yup, I ate this puppy last night, and if I had any brie left, I’d do it again tonight.
On that glorious note, because this sandwich is definitely glorious, I’m going to call it a day. But not before I hear from you. Link up and let me know what you’ve been up to.
What did you do in the past seven days. Anything exciting? Or not so exciting? Do you find men easily distracted by boobs? Have you ever done it?