Happy Monday. I’m afraid I don’t have much of an intro for you today, and by not much, I really mean none. You see, the Hubby and I went on a quick road trip to Buffalo and back this past weekend to see my family. I haven’t been home since Christmas so we were past due. The downside is I have no small talk for you today. I know you’re thoroughly disappointed, but I suspect you’ll manage to survive without my witty banter on a Monday morning. Although coffee on the other hand is a necessity.
- I worked a normal and sane forty hours on the jobby job.
- I did a Boot Camp class, a Spinning class, and I went running twice, once with my brother, my father, and the Hubby in torrential winds, rain and even hail. I think the Tough Mudder gods were testing us, but we prevailed.
- I plowed through not one, not two, but three People magazines. I’m majorly backlogged again, and I actually made the decision a month ago not to renew my weekly subscription. Now that I’ve made this decision though, it seems like it will never end. It’s the Terminator; it keeps coming and coming and coming.
- I did a lot of cooking and I ate really damn good as a result, including Peas and Crayons very own Alfredo sauce. Now that’s winning, and by the way, I’m taking this phrase back from Charlie Sheen.
- I paid the bills because somebody’s got to do it and since I play with numbers for a profession, it might as well be me.
- I did motherly things on Mother’s Day. Yes I am childless, but my oldest cat didn’t want me to feel left out, so he projectile vomited all over the dining room rug. That was fun.
- Even more fun, I putzed around in the yard for a few hours and tended to my flora. Aren’t peonies just the prettiest?
- I wrote and published three blog posts, including a special giveaway edition. The winners will be announced on Wednesday; I know I’m a tease. I like it like that.
- And the final and most exciting accomplishment in the past week was doing a Mother’s Day Harlem Shake video with the family because that’s how we roll.
Alright, enough about me, let’s hear from you. Link up and let me know what you got. I know it’s going to be good.
What did you manage to knock off your lists last week? Anything noteworthy? Would your family do a Harlem Shake video with you? And then allow you to post it on the internet for all to see (there’s something not quite right about us).