I don’t know about you, but I had a fantastic weekend.
Sadly (for him), the Hubby had to work the entire thing, but it meant I had the house to myself for three straight days, without a plan or obligation in sight. Ah sweet bliss. I literally putzed around the house all the live long day. It was refreshing, relaxing, rewarding and everything a three-day weekend should be. Oh yes, I took a three-day weekend and I also cooked my ass off, which is another sign of a great weekend. By the way, I’m not even kidding. I have no ass, although I think it has more to do with genetics than cooking.
You’re not here though to hear about my non-ass ass, although if you have tips on how to get one, I’m game to listen. I might even put them into practice. I could be your personal guinea pig. Instead, you’re here for the Week In Review. You want to see what I’ve been up to in the last seven days or so, and you want it in list form. Or maybe you just want to share your own link because we like to party. Either way, far be it from me to disappoint.
Let’s get listing.
- I bought a ton of strawberries at the farmers market and learned how to freeze them. Obviously, the weekend did nothing to dampen my strawberry obsession. If anything, it’s worse now and I can’t wait to go picking. Look out strawberry fields; ♫ “Ready or Not, Here I Come, You Can’t Hide, Gonna Find You and Take it Slowly.” ♫ Is it weird I just went all Fugee-La on strawberries? Nah.
- Since I don’t have one of those fancy vacuum seal thing-a-ma-bops, I learned how to suck air out of a Ziploc bag with nothing but my mouth and a straw. I felt like I was huffing something, without the added benefit of killing brain cells. It’s shocking how far I’ve come. Two years ago I was scared of beets and kale and now I’m sucking air out of baggies with a straw to ensure the produce freezes better. That’s right; I’m hard-core, even if it makes me less hard-core to say it.
- Speaking of hard-core (one too many hard-cores?), I scoped out Craigslist for a deep freezer because I’m planning to actually freeze some of my seasonal produce this year. I have no idea how Craigslist works; I just want to be alive when I’m done. I don’t think that’s too much to ask. In the past couple of weeks, I’ve frozen red wine (don’t judge me), ramp pesto, strawberries, and the dough for cheddar onion puffs.
- I finally swapped out my winter wear for summer clothes, which means it’s officially summer. Alright, technically we’ve got a few more days, but I threw caution to the wind because I live on the edge.
- I hosted some great friends for cards on Friday night, and I was kind enough to share some of my cheese and a cracker or two. They’re really good friends.
- I ate a #publicbanana in my boss’s car. While he knew I was eating a banana, he had no idea I was photographing myself in the process. Imagine trying to explain that one. It could have been awkward.
- I worked out three times, and the bulk of it involved running and upper body strength. I need to start training hard for the Tough Mudder since it’s less than two months away. Gulp.
- I visited my girlfriends new baby boy, who is going on two weeks now. Man, little baby feet are cute.
- I caught up on my sleep, which just makes everything better or at least more manageable. Seriously, go to bed early tonight and then tell me you regret it tomorrow. I dare you. Hell, I double dog dare you.
- I made an upside down cake, which I’ll share more details about soon. Suffice to say, strawberries were involved and I burnt myself trying to lap up the overflowing juices. It was worth it.
Overflowing juices seems like a fitting way to end today’s post. So without further ado, let’s hear from you.
What does a perfect weekend look like for you? Have you ever frozen your produce? Have you ever used Craigslist? Any insight for me?