Happy Monday my sweet little Butter Beans.
I wish I had a witty intro for you today. Alas, I do not. In fact, the use of the word alas is about all I’ve got. No matter since today is all about our love of lists and what better way to showcase it then the Week In Review.
It’s probably best I just skip the beginning banter and jump right into it anyway, because I’ve got a lot of ground to cover today. That’s right; I was a mad list accomplishing machine last week. Booyah.
Let’s get listing:
- I worked forty plus hours on the job, since I’m now the sole bread-winner. Oddly enough, I’m also the bread maker. For anyone new here, I’m a happily married woman who lives alone the majority of every week. One could argue it’s why I’m happily married, although I would not be that one.
- Speaking of the men in my life, I hit up the farmers market and paid a special visit to the Cheese Man. Purchases were made, the kind that taste like pizza, only in cheese form.
- I went for a run on three separate occasions and then wailed, and I do mean wailed, on the heavy bag another day. Punching things is such great stress relief. I also ran my fastest mile since I started tracking time a few short weeks ago. I know, it’s hard to believe there’s something I wasn’t tracking before. At least I haven’t put it in an excel spreadsheet….yet.
- I got tired of watching my leftover cilantro wilt away on the counter, so I turned it into butter. Yep, that’s right, I made Cilantro Lemon Butter. It sounds fancy, but it’s super easy. All you do is combine your fresh cilantro, some butter, a splash of olive oil and a touch of lemon juice in a bowl. Mash it all together with the utensil of your choice, and you’re done. My new Herb Butter is hanging out in my freezer until I come up with a plan or a plate of unseasoned veggies, whichever happens first.
- I steam cleaned the carpets on the second floor of our house. The basement is up next, and my god does it need it. I have one of those scary basements, where I’m sure some creepy stranger is lurking behind the furnace or in the dirt room I haven’t gone in since the day we purchased our home. He or she (I’m an equal opportunity creeper) is just waiting for the opportunity to come out and maul me or even worse, force me to eat McDonalds.
- On Saturday, I made Tomato Basil Soup, Three Bean Chili, and Thai Inspired Veggie Soup. Three soups, one day; how’s that for impressive? I know what I’ll be eating this week and also come wintertime, because of course I added some to my deep freezer. Oh, how my stockpile grows. Excellent.
- I submitted my Blackberry Peach Grilled Goat Cheese sandwich to Food Gawker and a host of other recipe submission sites. Cross your fingers for me since I haven’t been able to get a recipe picture approved by Food Gawker yet. The rejection reasons thus far all translate to my photos aren’t up to snuff. Sigh. I’m working on them, cilantro butter aside.
- I took a cat nap with Oscar on Saturday, which is kind of my favorite nap to take.
- I was a total closer this past week. In book world, I completed Maeve Binchy’s A Week In Winter. I’m thrilled to finally finish a book, which is something that happens way too infrequently since I started blogging.
- In TV land, I completed season two of The Newsroom and the first season of the Stephen King series Under The Dome. The Newsroom is a great show, and Under the Dome well… not so much. I stuck with it because I’m a huge fan of anything Stephen King, which is another great reason to stay away from the dirt room in the basement.
- I did a lousy job of eating my bananas throughout the week, which translated to weekend baking: Banana Date Pecan Muffins and Banana Strawberry bread. Turns out, I’m pretty happy I didn’t get to my bananas sooner.
- I finally got down and dirty, literally, doing yard work on Sunday, and I have the blisters and back pain to prove it. I also planted mums because mums make me happy. I think I’m finally ready to accept the start of Fall. Coincidentally, I just ate the last of my fresh peaches so bring on the soups, the chili and the banana bread.
Interested in participating in the Week In Review.
- Your post should be about all the things you accomplished in the last seven days or so.
- Your post can be about food, social outings, workouts, home improvement projects, fun excursions, none of the above, or all of the above. The idea is to recognize all the things you accomplished in the past seven days. It’s an ode to yourself, a celebration of sorts, and a virtual pat on the back. Plus you get to write in list form, which rocks my socks. Although if you want to stick to prose go ahead; it’s your world.
- Add the Week in Review button to your post, link up and link back to Clean Eats, Fast Feets and get your list on.
- Or you can be like me and make up own your rules. If you can justify it, I’ll accept it. How’s that for lenient?
What did you get down and dirty with last week? What book are you currently reading, and how long have you been reading it?