We’re going back to the basics today.
By basics, I mean I’m going to talk about the purpose of the Week In Review link up for a couple of reasons.
- I’m obviously and shamelessly doing some self-promotion for my link up. You should participate; you know you secretly want to. I bet it even keeps you awake at nights. Maybe I should come up with a Week In Review jingle or theme song you can hum while in the shower or during your morning commute. Hmm, I’ll get on that.
- I need to bring my new readers up to speed. Of course I’m assuming I have new readers and I’d really like that to be the actual case. I suspect my newfound friends probably look at my list loving ways and Week In Review shenanigans and think “Man, this lady is crazy,” to which I would respond with a resounding “Yes.” I am crazy, not in a homicidal maniac kind of way although I do have a fascination with serial killers, but more in a healthy yet mentally unstable kind of way.
Here’s the thing, I like order in my world. Structure is my bestie (next to the Hubby of course…blows kiss). I love having lists in my life and I prefer there be a plan in place….at all times. When any of these components is missing, I can get a little nuts, not in a murderess rampage kind of way, but more along the lines of clean all the things type of way.
In any event, the Week In Review is a celebration of our list loving ways; a virtual pat on the back and a way to focus on all the things we accomplished in the last week. It’s our moment to savor the feeling of crossing items off any of our Lists. Of course, there are multiple lists. If you are a true list lover, you can’t just stop at one.
For one brief moment or however long it takes you to write a blog post, you can forget about the things which still need doing and instead pay tribute to what’s been done; in list form. How’s that for curbside appeal? Me, I’ve got goose bumps just thinking about it. Not really, but I am excited which is why I strongly encourage you to jump on this band wagon, get listing and start linking up because this party is just getting started.
Before I begin my own mad listing ways, I must offer a note in my defense because one is definitely needed. I have a special guest coming to Cleveland this week, and let’s just say, she isn’t a planner. Oh, the horror. This means my schedule is completely up in the air, and I will be forced to be spontaneous. Shudder. As a result, my self-diagnosed OCD brain is shrieking at the top of her ever-loving lungs, so I’ve had to feed her in other ways. You’ll see.
Let’s get listing.
- I worked way too many hours at my job, including my monthly midnight to three a.m. shift, where I had a two a.m. show down with a House Centipede bigger than my face. It’s possible I’m exaggerating. It also doesn’t matter because he won.
- I vacuumed the entire first floor of the house, which means my special guest, Kiss My Broccoli, not the Centipede, is only allowed on the first floor. Alright fine, I might let her see the rest of my place, but disclaimers will certainly be made.
- I scrubbed the entire fridge. The Hubby helped me. I rewarded him for his efforts.
- I cleaned out the basement, washed the unfinished floors and started the process of deep cleaning those filthy basement carpets. I’m not sure how much I can express my distaste for doing any work in our basement because it is gross and being around anything dirty makes me ultra uncomfortable, in a my skin is crawling and I may have to run screaming from the building kind of way.
- Basement aside, I washed my floors an embarrassing amount of times last week for a multitude of reasons. 1) I have company coming. We’ve established that. 2) The cats knocked over a full glass of apple cider vinegar complete with dead fruit flies. They’re such gems. 3) I dropped an entire watermelon onto the floor and no surprise, it split open and it’s sad little watermelon juices poured out onto my hardwood. 4) I ran the coffee pot without the actual carafe in place. Coffee gate ensued, and 5) A sudden sideways downpour on Sunday night caused rain to come, well raining, in several windows. I may never need to wash my floors again.
- In other fun news, I had a late lunch date with the Hubby on Saturday. I found a caterpillar in my food. On one hand, caterpillars hanging around makes me think the food must be fresh. On the other hand, they aren’t doing a very good job of cleaning it. I had a weird stomach twang hours later which I’m convinced is now an intestinal parasite. Stranger things have happened.
- Speaking of strange, I ate Carrot Cake for dinner on Saturday night, and it was good. I regret nothing.
On that sugar filled moment, I’m going to wrap this up. It’s not over though; not by a long shot. Instead, I’m turning the microphone over to you so you can link up and get your list on. I can’t wait to see what you got into.
Interested in participating in the Week In Review. Good, you should be.
- Your post should be about all the things you accomplished in the last seven days or so.
- Your post can be about food, social outings, workouts, home improvement projects, fun excursions, none of the above, or all of the above. The idea is to recognize all the things you accomplished in the past seven days. It’s an ode to yourself, a celebration of sorts, and a virtual pat on the back. Plus you get to write in list form, which rocks my socks. Although if you want to stick to prose go ahead; it’s your world.
- Add the Week in Review button to your post, link up and link back to Clean Eats, Fast Feets and get your list on. The link will stay open until Friday at midnight eastern standard time.
- Or you can be like me and make up own your rules. If you can justify it, I’ll accept it. How’s that for lenient?
Are you a planner? Do you do anything special when company comes to town?