I thought about writing a fabulous intro for today’s Week In Review post. Really, I did.
I also had grand plans about knocking off a bunch of pretty cool blog stuff last week and then bragging about it, but that didn’t happen either.
Let’s just say I had a few distractions or if you want to get all technical about it, there was just one; it was a big one though (wink, wink).
The Hubby was between semesters, so not only was he home with me all week-long, he was footloose and school free, so I spent most of my free time with him. If you noticed I was a little MIA last week, it’s because I was eating my man up, literally; I’m a biter. Just kidding, I’m really more of a nipper. Needless to say, last week was all about quality time devoted to my man, and I do mean all kinds of quality, so forgive me for skipping my normal intro. Instead, I’m jumping right into it.
Let’s get listing:
- Despite my man being home, I worked in some shape or form every single day last week for my real job. Yep, the one which pays my mortgage and the Hubby’s rent. I do get to send all personnel emails like this though, so it’s not all bad. This gem was a commentary on the move from our old and what some might say decrepit office building, complete with creepy crawlers, to our new location with a view.
- Along with our new office space, the new gym has finally opened, and while I didn’t tackle any small children to get there (perhaps because I didn’t see any), I did get back to working out. Every damn work day last week…..but one. I didn’t realize just how badly I missed working out on my lunch hour. It has brought some much needed sanity back into my life, and it feels fan-fucking-tastic. Sorry, it’s been that good. It also doesn’t hurt the new digs are super swanky either.
- On the flip side of my health coin, I ate an obscene amount of Halloween candy, and by obscene, I mean enough to wire a small child for days on end. I even found chocolate on my computer mouse. I have regrets.
- I finished my book. It was a reread, and what some might call a classic. I just call it good and the main reason I’m a cat person.
- The Hubby and I shared a very zen moment with a neighborhood deer late Friday night; a stag to be exact. Let me tell you, this guy’s antlers were out of control big and if I’m being totally honest, a little intimidating. Talk about a rack; he put mine to shame. For some reason, he allowed us to creep up alongside him in our car (we couldn’t have been more than fifteen feet away) and just watch him in his element. It was pretty spectacular, although I was ready to floor it just in case he decided to go all Cujo on us and charge. I mean the car, not for watching, you dirty birdies.
- I started growing celery because I’m bad ass. Plus all the cool kids are doing it. Oh, just me. Whatever; I still rock.
- Speaking of food, I did a crapton of cooking, so much so I could have made this post a Kitchen in Review, but I decided to play it safe today and stick with tradition. That being said, I made Ratatouille.
Look when these veggies appear in your crisper, courtesy of your Geauga Family Farms CSA, they’re practically screaming Ratatouille. Or perhaps they’re more poetic: over the fridge and through the kitchen, you can faintly hear soft lulling sounds, barely more than a whisper. After a moment, you can almost make out words and phrases…. Rata… Rata…. Touille ……Ratatouille. I’d be remiss not to listen and since my listening skills are on point (cough, cough), I made Ratatouille.
- I also finally got my act together, well at least enough to participate in my girl Sarah’s Chopped Kitchen Challenge. The goal was to put together a recipe or some such creation using the ingredients referenced below. Well, we all know how much I like a challenge, especially the whole winning part at the end.
I joined the party, and I’m super glad I did because I got to make this lovely number. I give you my Apple Gouda Quiche with a dash of Chili Powder. Sweet, spicy and everything nicey. Alright, the rhyme wasn’t worth it, but this quiche certainly is.
Even though I haven’t seen a single other entry, I think I should win. Obviously. Oh and if you play your cards right, I’ll share the recipe later this week. Confession: I wanted to share it today, except the clock is ticking, and I’ve run out of time, which means it’s your turn. I want to hear from you.
Interested in participating in the Week In Review? Good, you should be.
The Week In Review is a list, in its purest form, not of the things you still need to do, but of all the things you have done in the past seven days. It’s an achievement list and one with the sole purpose of bringing pleasure. Want in? Grab the Week in Review button for your post, link back to Clean Eats, Fast Feets and get your list on. For more details, click here.
Link up and get your list on.
Have you ever had a close encounter with a deer or some other equal impressive animal? What was the last book you finished? When you saw that produce, you thought Ratatouille too right?