I’d like to pretend everything is back to peace, love, bunnies, hippies and unicorns over here in Clean Eats, Fast Feets Land (it’s quite the menagerie), but that’s simply not the case.
I’ve got a new project at work right now, and it’s kicking my ass; not gently either. I’ve put in more hours than I’d care to, I’m further behind than I’d like to be, and my stress level is at a peak. Suffice to say, my non-ass ass is spent, which is why you’ll have to forgive my lack of an introduction today and perhaps for the foreseeable future.
We’re going to jump right into the Week in Review, recap what went down last week and embrace my happy place: Lists.
- I worked too much at the office, even on my days off. Sometimes being a responsible adult is rough.
- I celebrated my birthday in style, or at the very least, with stickers on my face. Apparently, you can never be too old for stickers, although I think there may be some explaining to do when I’m eighty-five and trying to dance a jig.
- I paid bills, ran errands, folded laundry…actually scratch that last part. I did laundry, but didn’t fold a stitch of clothing; turns out the Hubby did all the folding for me. God bless that man. Hubby, I owe you one.
- I wrote and published four blog posts, including a recipe reveal for the much awaited and anticipated Lemon Blueberry Granola.
- I went for my first run since last December, my only workout last week. Oscar wanted to come with me, but I made him stay home. Poor fella. This week I intend to hit the gym hard or at the very least, the punching bag in my basement; stress management at its finest.
- I made a double layer Lemon Blueberry Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting, specifically so I could eat my feelings, which is something I don’t usually recommend. Sadly, I don’t recommend this cake either. It was a huge let down; I was thwarted by the stupid universe. I guess this means I need to figure out a healthier way to manage my feelings. Grumble, grumble.
- I cleaned the first floor of our house and vacuumed the hell out of the furniture. Yes, I stress clean; it makes me feel better and while it might not be the best outlet, I get a clean house at the end of the day… for five minutes anyway. I do have three cats, and the second I finish vacuuming, they drop two pounds of fur in that very same area.
- I did some work with artichokes this weekend because Sarah’s Chopped Kitchen Challenge goes live this week, and I want to win. Of course, I do. I also want some healthy competition, so grab your artichoke recipes and get ready to link up.
Since I started without an introduction, it only makes sense for me to wrap it up without a conclusion. That’s my story, and I’m sticking to it.
Interested in participating in the Week In Review?
The Week In Review is a list, in its purest form, not of the things you still need to do, but of all the things you have done in the past seven days. It’s an achievement list and one with the sole purpose of bringing pleasure. Want in? Grab the Week in Review button for your post, link back to Clean Eats, Fast Feets and get your list on. For more details, click here.
Link up and get your list on.
If you were to eat your feelings, what would be your food of choice? What did you accomplish last week? Have you worked with artichokes before? Do you want to go head to head in Sarah’s link up? I promise not to bite…much.