Get your pads and pens ready because it’s time for the Week In Review.
The Week In Review is a list, in its purest form, not of the things you still need to do, but of all the things you have done in the last seven days. It’s an achievement list, an ode to yourself, a celebration of sorts, and a virtual pat on the back.
Need more details? Head here. ♫ You can do it, put your list into it. ♫
- Since we had a holiday last week, I worked a more fitting 35 hours and knocked out three blog posts. Boom.
- I made the Hubby Zucchini Bread Pancakes on Monday morning because I’m a lovely wife. It’s true, I ate some too, but the act of making them was purely selfless (cough, lies and deceit, cough).
- I spent Martin Luther King day making, tasting and photographing Olive and Artichoke Tapenade, in single digit temperatures no less, which is important because I took all the pictures outside, in the snow. Now that’s dedication, maybe even foolishness since I almost lost a finger to frostbite.
- I spent considerable time defrosting in front of a fire on multiple occasions. This is my happy place in the winter.
- I had a rare and random dinner out with the Hubby on Tuesday night at The Greenhouse Tavern, one of my favorite restaurants in downtown Cleveland. It did not disappoint, and I shared the majority of my meal on Snap Chat. Hint, hint: if you want behind the scenes life stuff plus a plethora of cat pictures, find me, follow me.
- I planned on tackling the office renovation. I tackled my book instead; it was a good decision.
- I spent hours on the phone catching up with my lovely family.
- I enjoyed Sunday brunch with one of my besties at XYZ The Tavern.
- I did laundry (the sheets; hallelujah), washed dishes, folded some of the clothes, paid bills, wiped down counters and tables, ran errands and my favorite, a vacuum.
- I hit up the West Side Market and bought all the produce. When you spend a small fortune on berries, they hook you up with exotic freebies. Say hello to my little friend, Rambutan, who bears a strong resemblance to my own hair style most mornings.
- I also popped into Nature’s Bin and Breadsmith because a week wouldn’t be complete without a visit to my favorite foodie establishments. I long for the day I can take part in their wine tastings again.
- On the foodie front, I made the Hubby and I dinner on Saturday night, which is a big deal since he’s been doing the vast majority of the cooking lately. Thanks Boo; I appreciate it.
- I also worked on a new granola recipe, baked up some spuds for this week and made a giant pot of Curried Cauliflower and Lentil Soup.
Your turn. I want to hear from you. Link up and get yo’ list on.
What are three things you accomplished in the last week?