Before we get right to it, I need to THANK YOU for all your support yesterday. It meant the world to me, and hopefully one day we’ll see some positive changes with our food supply. Until that day comes, I’ll just keep ranting and raving waiting for somebody to take notice. Although there will be no crazy Meghan today, at least not politically, because we’re doing our Week In Review link up, which always makes me happy for so many reasons, I think we should just list them all out (I’m twitching with anticipation or perhaps I just need coffee):
- I get to write in list form (still twitching).
- I get to celebrate all the magical and non-magical things I crossed off all my other lists in the last week.
- I get to see what everybody else did because I’m nosy and all up in your business. Aren’t you excited to link up now? Nah, well you should do it anyway. Come and join the party. Pretty please with an organic cherry on top.
For the rules (of course there are rules, although they’re so minor it doesn’t matter) or more info, click here.
In the meantime, let’s get listing. Here’s a rundown of what I accomplished in the last seven days:
- I celebrated Tartan Day, which is the National Holiday for Scottish Americans. Oh yeah, did I mention, I’m not Scottish? There were bagpipes, a parade of sorts and men in kilts, so I couldn’t resist.
- I published three blog posts.
- I worked forty-five hours at my real job. Still too many, but fewer than the week prior, so things are looking up.
- I had a lovely lunch with the in-laws, not to be confused with the out-laws, which is what yesterday’s post was all about. You can’t beat the salad, sandwich, soup combo, especially when they finish it off with a fruit cup, and I do mean a real fruit cup, not those things soaked in high fructose corn syrup.
By the way, I’m not sure why my sandwich looks like it was torn apart by a beaver. I blame the braces because that certainly couldn’t have been me.
- I washed all my recyclable grocery store bags because those things were filthy. I’ll be honest I can’t even remember the last time I cleaned them, and now I feel dirty all over.
- In order to placate those feelings, I also cleaned all the light switches in the house. Switch plates are harbingers of germs. Don’t say you haven’t been warned.
- Since we are on the subject of my mad cleaning skills, I vacuumed AND washed the hardwood floors in my house. What can I say? I’m an animal. No, literally, that’s the name of my vacuum. Roar (that roar sounds so much more impressive in my head, so make sure to give it a little oomph).
- I ran errands galore this weekend, including a little brazier shopping, and man does it feel great to have the girls back where they belong. This song was a favorite of my family’s growing up, and I’m sorry peeps, I just outed you all on the internet, but it does explain my current maturity level. Plus I still like the song, and I march in place whenever I sing it.
- I made a double batch of granola. One day I will get sick of granola. Today is not that day.
- Last, but most certainly not least, I had a lovely relaxing lunch with a girlfriend, and the food was fabulous. I also happened to prepare it, so of course I think that. Come back tomorrow and you’ll get to see what we ate.
Now I want to hear from all of YOU. Link up and let me know what you accomplished, big or small. I want to hear your things. I want to hear them all (yes, I’m channeling Dr. Seuss).
What did you do the past few seven days or so? Anything you’re particularly proud of? Have you ever celebrated Tartan Day? When was the last time you washed your recyclable grocery bags?