♫ I’m leavin’ on a jet plane. Don’t know when I’ll be back again. Oh baby, I hate to go. ♫
I’m in a bad way. I leave for Belgium in roughly twenty-four hours, and I don’t have my shit together. I’m going to let you in on a little secret. Having back to back jam-packed social weekends does not make for good vacation planning. I just started making my many travel lists last night, along with doing mounds of laundry; how is it I have no clean underwear? I’m also trying to cook and/or eat my way through all the veggies, eggs and other perishables in the kitchen. In the past three days, I’ve put down a boatload of asparagus, crazy ridiculous amounts of kale, a litany of eggs, and I have an “everything must go” salad packed for lunch today. Good times, or at the very least good eats.
I figure I’m going to be one hell of a cleaned out beefcake by the time I get to Belgium. So long as the cleaning out doesn’t happen on the plane, I’ll be cool. Or as cool as any self-diagnosed OCD list lover can be when she has no plan, which truthfully means I’m starting to freak out just a little. Oh, who am I kidding? I’m close to basket case status, but my sanity, while tenuous at best, knows in twenty-four hours, I will be relaxing on a plane and completely checked out from work for a solid nine days.
Despite my soon to be international woman of mystery status, I will be hosting the Week In Review link up on Monday because I dig it the most. Plus, we just had our best attendance yet (happy dance ensues), and I don’t want to mess with that mojo. Keep it coming ladies and gents because I love hearing about your productiveness and seeing your egos swell. Matter of fact, I’m a fan of all things swelling, unless of course it’s my own limbs.
After Monday’s Week In Review post, I really have no idea whether I’ll be blogging or not. I didn’t schedule any guest writers or pre-write any posts, so we’ll see how it goes. Maybe I’ll pop in for a quickie (there’s something to be said for the quickie), but before I bid you adieu for an unknown period of time (aside from Monday’s WIR), I thought it’d be fun to share some confessions, so I effectively haunt your dreams while I’m away. I’m thoughtful like that.
- I drink my smoothies in the shower. It should be noted, I keep my beverage away from the direct spray, but standing under hot water makes it easier to ingest extremely cold liquids, especially in the winter. Apparently no space is sacred when it comes to me and food.
Yep, this bad boy showered with me, and he liked it.
- More water works…while taking a bath last week, I noticed an entire section of hair on my left leg, which I had obviously missed shaving….many, many times. It was like a rampant Sasquatch patch. I’m so embarrassed, but not enough to keep it to myself.
- I have fifteen pairs of shoes stashed under my desk at work, five of which are some type of animal print.
- I don’t think I’m done with meat. I’m not ready to eat it again either, but after two years without, I’m starting to have real cravings (yes there is a difference between real cravings, and I want all the cookies now). I don’t like to deny or restrict myself, but mentally I’m not ready to move past the ideology and eat my furry friends. Awkward right? I guess time will tell.
- They say things have to get worse before they get better, and this is certainly true of my teeth. Prior to getting braces, I had two teeth which were starting to overlap slightly, emphasis on the word slightly. After two months of metal, they are no longer overlapped. In fact, they are no longer in the same vicinity of each other. Basically, if my teeth were a picket fence, I got one board in the neighbor’s yard. Grumble, grumble.
- I have an incredibly small bladder and a fear of public restrooms. They two do not play well together.
- Today’s post was going to be about my newest pizza, but I couldn’t muster the words and decided to go full on confession instead. Here’s a little pizza preview; I call it The Mexicali Blues, because it will cure the blues, and I like The Grateful Dead, along with some Miley Cyrus, Green Day, Frank Sinatra, Outkast…clearly I’ve got musical issues.
- A hectic schedule does not allow much time or energy for mad monkey love and reading through this post it shows. I plan to change that on vacation. Perhaps I’ll even join the mile high club, except that fear of public restrooms is going to get in the way (sorry Hubby; didn’t mean to get your hopes up).
- I forgot to announce the winners of my granola giveaway on Wednesday. Oops, my bad. And the granola goes to Fran at Broken Cookies Don’t Count (although they totally do) and Heather at Kiss My Broccoli. I’ll be emailing you ladies for your personal information. I promise I’m not a stalker, and I won’t show up on your doorstep, although if you fail to give up your info, I will keep and devour all the blueberry almond granola I made. Fair is fair. 😉
Bon Voyage Peeps.
What are your plans for the weekend? What was the last vacation you took, and what was your favorite part of it? Ever been to Belgium? Any travel advice for me?